The Lovely Lariat—and Other Long Necklace Styles

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I don't own even one lariat necklace, and I'm more apt to wear a choker than a long ones, but some of these are nice, and the ones with the hearts are perfect for Valentine's Day. There's only one with an opal that I noticed, so now it's your job to check these out and find it. :mrgreen:

By Brittany Siminitz | February 07, 2024

"You may have heard, or seen, that the lariat is making a big comeback. It could not be more welcome. The lariat necklace beautifully caters to consumers’ smart-shopping demand for versatile jewelry, and in more ways than one.

Here are some of the latest lariats to market, each as lovely as the last.

Nell lariat in 18k yellow gold with 0.4 ct. t.w. old mine cut diamonds, $17,500; Jenna Katz

One-of-a-kind lariat necklace in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, price on request; Lizzie Mandler

Ophidian Mamba lariat in 18k yellow gold with multicolor sapphires and diamonds, $8,575; Toktam

Transformer necklace in 14k yellow gold, $670 (available with diamonds, as shown, $1,130); Guzema

I remember this one necklace I had in, like, eighth grade—I bought it at Piercing Pagoda in the mall, a shiny golden chain with a single gemstone (CZ, I think) heart, which clasped by going through a little loop, the heart dangling in a line down my neck. I have no idea what happened to that piece, but for some reason I’ve always remembered it—and wish now that I still had it.

Many lariats are like that: a line of chain, hanging long down the chest as it loops to close in front. It’s almost like you’re wearing the necklace backward, though it’s intended to clasp at the front. (Wearing it with the chain trailing down the back is a look worth exploring, too. Talk about versatility!)

Other lariat-style pieces offer even more ways to wear them. A perfect example is the Gismondi 1754 necklace highlighted by our Melissa Rose Bernardo on her visit to this winter’s VicenzaOro show: It was not specifically designed as a lariat, and could be clasped anywhere along its golden teardrop chain (it was, in fact, styled as a lariat when on display at the show).

Sequence lariat in 18k yellow gold with akoya pearls, $5,000–$11,000 depending on length; Paul Morelli

Kingdom of Hearts necklace in 18k white gold with 2.38 cts. t.w. diamonds, $10,150; FHK by Style Gallery

Lariat necklace in 18k rose gold with diamonds, $11,995; Walters Faith

Paper clip necklace in 18k yellow gold and sterling silver with lacquer enamel, $11,650; Alice Cicolini

Miami Cuban necklace in sterling silver with 0.7 ct. t.w. white sapphires, $1,255; Lolovivi

Chatelaine necklace in 18k yellow gold with pearl and diamonds, $12,750; Verragio

Stardust pendant lariat in 18k yellow gold with 1.16 cts. t.w. topaz, tourmaline, and emerald and 0.03 ct. diamond, $4,780: Jennifer DeMoro

There are also necklaces that take on the lariat shape via a long dangling pendant hanging from a chain, much like the gorgeous piece from Jennifer DeMoro pictured above. While this type doesn’t offer the same potential for variation, it packs a punch in the style department.

I can’t get enough of the lariat because it can do anything and go with anything. Pair it with a choker, wear it with a group of pendants or charm necklace, wear it alone. If convertible, make it extra long to trail down the front (or back) of your body. You could even dangle some charms from it, if they’re designed to be clasped onto anything. The possibilities are great, and you really can’t go wrong.

Initial lariat necklace in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, $1,599; Azra Mehdi

Drop necklace in 18k white gold with 1.25 ct. sapphire and 0.03 ct. t.w. diamonds, $6,290; Ritique

Najma necklace in 18k white gold with opal, pink tourmaline, aquamarine, and diamonds, $26,980; Ashaha

Celestial necklace in 18k white and yellow gold with 5.02 ct. fancy yellow pear-shape diamond, 5.03 ct. pear-shape diamond, and 24.24 cts. t.w. pear-shape diamonds, price on request; Rahaminov

Anima necklace in 18k white gold with amethyst, diamond, aquamarine, yellow and blue sapphires, and ... "[/io]

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -necklace/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)