Grab a Jacket: Versatile Wedding Rings

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are ring jackets for engagement rings to transform them into cocktail rings or just use them as insert rings, and the first one is gorgeous, albeit over the top so I wouldn't choose it, and I find I like the plainer ones in just gold with diamonds like the second set. The rest didn't appeal to me until I got to the last three, and I'd want 2 of the last one to make it a ring jacket, but that's just me so check these out and see what you think of them, and if any of our designers make rings like this I hope they'll show them to us. At the very least these may give our designers some ideas for designs to create. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | February 07, 2024

"Convertible jewelry has been rising in popularity over the past couple of years, adding value for savvy consumers who wish to feel confident about their luxury purchases.

Our managing editor, Melissa Rose Bernardo, noted this trend at last month’s VicenzaOro show, writing: “More and more designers are discovering that clients want versatility in their fine jewelry; when you’re spending so much money, it helps if you’re essentially getting two (or even three) pieces in one.”

It all makes perfect sense in fine jewelry, where people can switch up their looks daily to accommodate their mood, their attire, or the occasion.

But what about in wedding jewelry? This category has become more and more flexible, now offering alternative styles for engagement rings and wedding bands we might have never imagined a few decades ago. Surely the bridal market is not immune to a desire for versatility, especially since its jewels are meant to be treasured every day (and ideally for a lifetime)?

Some brides seek to collect an assortment of engagement rings over time (paging Victoria Beckham). Others upgrade or reset their rings, changing the style to fit the zeitgeist. These are both amazing options for consumers to have access to—the resetting business is bustling—but there’s another path to versatility in wedding jewelry, a magic treasure that can instantly change the way a ring looks.

It’s the ring jacket, which transforms an engagement ring from simple solitaire to colorful cocktail ring in the time it takes to snap your fingers. A ring jacket either surrounds a center ring or hugs its contours on one side. A person might wear two of the latter variation, providing that full jacket look.

Ring jackets run the gamut of appearing like a simple, diamond-dotted tiara to a full-on rainbow headpiece. They can be worn by themselves or at the same time as the engagement ring and/or wedding band but on a different finger. The wearer also might opt to not put on their ring jacket for a particular day or occasion, and just wear their traditional wedding jewelry.

Whichever type clients select, and however they choose to style it, the ring jacket gives them enough variety in wedding jewelry without their having to alter, update, or substitute their engagement ring, which lives as the centerpiece on their ring finger.

For retailers, I’d recommend selling a ring jacket paired with a more conventional (if it pleases the client) wedding band, so clients are able to change up the look as they see fit. Ring jackets are also tremendous gifts for anniversaries, lending a celebratory oomph to any wedding set. While some designers sell ring jackets in sets (which would include the rings that go within the jackets), they’re often available for purchase on their own, opening a whole new world of wedding jewelry for many consumers.

These are some of the latest, ready to bloom for upcoming spring weddings.

Island stacking ring two-piece set in 14k yellow gold with 0.65 ct. oval, 0.24 ct. emerald-cut, and 0.24 ct. round brilliant diamonds, $4,500; Hi June Parker x Diamond Foundry

LX V-shape scatter ring in 14k yellow gold with 0.9 ct. t.w. baguette diamonds, $5,170 (two rings pictured, with engagement ring sold separately); Ellis Mhairi Cameron

Ring jacket in 18k yellow gold with 2 cts. t.w. diamonds, price on request; Alanina

Candy jacket three-ring set in 14k yellow gold and lacquer enamel with white topaz, diamonds, and spinel, £10,800 ($13,740); Alice Cicolini

Quadro double wedding band in 18k yellow gold, $1,812; Rachel Boston

Wing Guard ring in 20k rose gold with aquamarine, labradorite, and andalusite, $7,980 (center tourmaline ring sold separately); Nak Armstrong

Jigsaw Sloan rings in 18k yellow gold with antique-cut diamonds, price on request; Briony Raymond

(Top) Nesting Cuff ring in recycled 14k yellow gold with 0.15 ct. t.w. diamonds, $1,755; (bottom) Touch stack ring in 14k recycled yellow gold with 0.23 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,965; White Space Jewelry

Curvy Headdress ring jacket in 14k yellow gold with 0.8 ct. t.w. diamonds, $3,700; Marrow Fine

Top: Rainbow Star Bright ring stack in 18k recycled yellow gold with rainbow sapphires, from top: Short Lace Petal ring, $5,900; Central Petal ring, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ing-rings/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Grab a Jacket: Versatile Wedding Rings

Post by SwordfishMining »

Those made me look.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"