13 “Alternative” Wedding Bands for Style-Seeking Guys

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There are some nice bands in this one, but I still don't like the ring in the lead pic which we've seen before, and the second one is my favorite from this lineup. The others are very nice, except for the Axis ring which is another one that's too 'primitive' looking for me, and I left the last 5 for you to see via the link so check them out too to see if any of them appeal to you. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | November 20, 2023

"The men’s jewelry market is getting much more interesting, with an array of choices that in the past might have been considered more feminine, or genderless. Our editor-in-chief Victoria Gomelsky has aptly wondered: “Isn’t it time to retire the ‘men’s jewelry’ label altogether?”

As the lines between men and women’s jewelry blur, we think about wedding bands, and the styles that may be available for men who crave a change from the standard band. Women have had “alternative” engagement ring options for quite some time now, eschewing the “rules” of wedding jewelry for highly personal choices. Men, however, most often go with the classic—a solid gold or platinum band.

It’s a staple for a reason: A gold or platinum band is a smart, and enduring, item to wear. But now a number of brands are offering styles that feel unique—rings he won’t see coming or going, as the saying goes. And hey, if women can have a collection of engagement rings and wedding bands to choose from on any given day (here’s looking at you, Victoria Beckham), who says men can’t do the same?

Below, a number of fantastically individual wedding band possibilities for men (or women!) to depart from the ordinary.

Half Hex ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.44 ct. t.w. diamonds, £4,000 ($4,980); Harvey Owen

Marcello eternity band in 18k white gold with sapphires, $2,700; Gigi Ferranti

Azumi band in 14k gold and sterling silver with black diamonds, $1,450; Suka Jewelry

All That Is band in 18k yellow gold with 0.1 ct. diamond, $11,500; Nina Runsdorf

Axis ring in 9k white gold with 0.1 ct. t.w. black diamonds, $1,482; Alicia Hannah Naomi

Super Moon band in 14k yellow gold with 0.23 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,975; Gem Breakfast

Éclat ring in 18k white gold with black diamonds, $3,730; Obari

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ing-bands/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: 13 “Alternative” Wedding Bands for Style-Seeking Guys

Post by SwordfishMining »

I dunno. I was always a follower of the plain gold ban in a half round form. i wore one of my grandfathers rings. It had a faint ship bell pattern in it.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"