Jewels From My Inbox: January 2024 Edition

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I don't care for the earrings in the lead pic, or most of the other pieces, including the peridot ring because it's more an olive green shade than spring green, but the first ring is gorgeous and is the favorite, and the bracelet below it comes in second. Take a look and see if any of these appeal to you. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | January 31, 2024

"January can seem like a slog of a month, a post-holiday comedown that we have to settle into, feeling our way into the new year.

The good news is that the month is just about over (the bad news, perhaps, is that winter is not). But January should not end without us noting the nice things it brought us: snow, a cavalcade of awards shows (with plenty of blingy styles to ogle), and—very fortunately, as always—some incredible jewels in my inbox.

It’s no surprise that Valentine’s Day styles have been top of mind in January, as a fair number of festive pieces floated my way: hearts, reds and pinks, and some less traditional romantic styles to boot. I believe there’s never a wrong time for heart jewelry, and I’m readily savoring their presence (the ones pictured here are just a few of my favorites).

Jewelers are taking stock of their engagement ring collection as Valentine’s Day approaches, and spring will be ushered in soon as well, so love is in the air. In ring form it seems to be appearing frequently in three-stone and bezel-set styles. And I must mention the notable number of rings in white metals—though given the current popularity of white metals, it’s possible I’m just taking special notice of them.

The Mob wife aesthetic is eclipsing the former top-dog trend of subtlety, giving us chunky jewels and generously sized hoops and rings, most in yellow gold.

Then, of course, there were January’s garnets—most of which also align with Valentine’s red—along with a smattering of two-tone and silver designs, perfect for self-gifting this V-Day. On the matter of silvery things, I enjoyed plenty of white gold jewels, the rising trend feeling like a cold drink of water after years of (wonderfully) heavy yellow gold.

In jewelry, January kicked things off just beautifully—here are some of the loveliest jewels from my inbox this month.

Halo heart ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.48 ct. t.w. diamonds, £4,000 ($5,080); Harvey Owen

Heart bracelet in yellow gold with diamonds, price on request; Buddha Mama

Heart ring in 14k yellow gold, $582; Midas Chain

North South ring in 18k yellow gold with 8.43 ct. hessonite garnet and 1.98 cts. t.w. pink sapphires, $7,690; Ray Griffiths

Two-tone cuff bracelet in silver with diamonds, price on request; Alp Sagnak

The Further, the Tighter signet ring in 18k white gold with 0.32 ct. t.w. diamonds, $5,500; Seal & Scribe

Dangle ring in 14k yellow gold with ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ox-jan-24/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)