These White Metal Jewels Are Too Good to Resist

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

First I want to say I wish this photographer was the sole photographer for JCK. I expected to see crappy photos of platinum jewels, most with white diamonds that are left dead a lifeless looking, but to my delight this one really knows how to make them come alive and look gorgeous, even in black and white still photos, so a big kudos to him or her. :)

That said, I loved the cuff in the lead pic and thought it was going to be the favorite until I realized the diamonds are only on the open side of the cuff, so if you want the diamonds to be seen you're essentially wearing the cuff upside down, so that nixed it for me. But I love the ring in the next pic, followed by the lovely earrings, and the diamond necklace below that, but after that nothing appealed to me until I got to the jumbo Athena Pathways ring which is one of the ones in white gold and not platinum, and I think the Slinkee earring is adorable. Check these out and see which ones appeal to you, and enjoy the great photos in this one. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | January 10, 2024

"You’ve probably heard about the white metal renaissance that’s afoot—you may have noticed it firsthand if you watched last Sunday’s Golden Globes show.

So. Many. Metallics.

Silvery shoes! Platinum baubles! Gunmetal dresses! We are in our cool metals era.

It’s too soon to tell if this is simply a trend—a refreshing break from the decade-long reign of yellow gold—or if the warmer metal has really been unseated. Much depends on how jewelers react, with so many notable ones offering most of their covetable goods in yellow gold.

But here is evidence that white metals—platinum, silver, white gold—have already swayed some of the most yellow-gold-heavy jewelers, with styles that even those fully dedicated to yellow might find themselves clamoring for (good thing the two-tone look is in favor).

Dome cocktail ring in 18k white gold with diamonds, $7,440; Lionheart

Large drop earrings in sterling silver, $395; By Pariah

Forest collar necklace in sterling silver with black diamonds, $705; Elhanati x Conie Vallese

Sole bangle in 18k white gold with diamonds, $2,040; Bagliore

Evil eye ring in sterling silver with sapphire and CZ, $169; Meditation Rings

Twist earrings in recycled 18k white gold, £4,900 ($6,230); Liv Luttrell

Shadow mini necklace in 18k white gold with 7.6 cts. t.w. diamonds, $30,000; Jenna Blake

Stone bracelet in sterling silver, $760; Eéra

Jumbo Athena Pathways ring in 18k white gold with diamonds, $19,500; Briony Raymond

Huggie earrings in 18k white gold with diamonds, $2,600; Walters Faith

Escalator link bracelet in 18k white gold with diamonds, $17,850; Jemma Wynne

Galaxy signet ring in 18k white gold with diamonds, $11,880; Grace Lee

Calatrava 3 Strokes ear cuff in 18k white gold with $1,221; Susana Martins

Nomad ring in 18k white gold with green tourmaline, pink sapphire, peridot, and diamond, $4,000; Emily Kuvin

Slinkee earring in 18k white gold with 0.1 ct. t.w. diamonds, $1,160; Boochier

Continuity ring in white gold with diamonds ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... al-jewels/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: These White Metal Jewels Are Too Good to Resist

Post by SwordfishMining »

They do have good contrast. I'm surprised, or not, the evil eye ring looked like it was emblazoned with butt baubles or bumps. Must just be my mind has too many wires in it & the brakes are NOT fly by wire.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"