On Now: Jewelry and Timepiece Highlights in Morphy’s Holiday Auction

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I originally started putting this in gemstones after seeing only the first photo, but after reading the article and finding only that one piece with gemstones, plus one diamond ring among 3 watches, I moved this thread to the watches category since they're got the most representation in this one, and I love both Rolexes, but the first one with the gold against the black face is the most striking looking to me. 8-)

By Annie Davidson Watson | December 18, 2023

"The Pennsylvania-based auction house Morphy is hosting a Fine & Decorative Arts sale today and tomorrow that features at least 200 lots dedicated to jewelry and watches, including a statement-making yellow diamond halo ring; a never-worn white gold “tutti frutti” bracelet with emeralds, rubies, and sapphire; and Rolex, Omega, and Patek Philippe wristwatches.

Among the dozen Rolexes in the Dec. 18–19 auction are an 18k white gold 36 mm Day-Date with a meteorite diamond dial (estimated to sell for $25,000–$35,000) and an 18k gold and stainless steel 40 mm Cosmograph Daytona (estimate $20,000–$25,000). The Morphy sale also has a strong selection of pocket watches, with a 14k gold E. Howard from the 1880s of particular note.

Aside from jewelry and watches, the auction offers many categories of objects, including rare coins, 19th-century paintings, and home furnishings and decor. Leading the sale is a Tiffany peacock lamp that carries an estimate between $200,000 and $300,000.

Here’s a look at some of the highlights for last-minute holiday shoppers looking to score a serious stocking stuffer!

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 40 mm Cosmograph Daytona watch in 18k yellow gold and stainless steel with black dial, estimate $20,000–$25,000

Ring in platinum with 3.44 ct. cushion-modified brilliant yellow diamond and 0.7 ct. t.w. round brilliant-cut near-colorless diamonds, estimate $20,000–$30,000

Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36 mm Day-Date “President” in solid 18k white gold with meteorite diamond dial, estimate $25,000–$35,000

E. Howard & Co. series IV hunter- ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... atch-sale/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: On Now: Jewelry and Timepiece Highlights in Morphy’s Holiday Auction

Post by SwordfishMining »

I see I'm way too hard on myself over finishing flaws or perfect polishes. I dont think Ive ever seen the imperfections like on that Rolex band before. I swear I see milling lines on some links.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"