5ct. Diamond Could Fetch $550K at Auction

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

From Rapaport, I hate it when a diamond is described as pink but shows up as brown on my screen, so my favorite from this one is the hearts necklace. And the pics of the other diamonds are pretty lousy, leaving the diamonds dull and lifeless so whoever shot them should be ashamed to call themselves a photographer. :roll:

Since the hearts necklace is the favorite I cut this off there and left the last one for you to see via the link. ;)

November 21, 2023 | Leah Meirovich

"John Moran Auctioneers will offer a pink diamond set in a ring at its final jewelry sale of the year, estimating it could bring in up to $550,000.

The marquise-shaped, 5.43-carat, fancy-intense-orangy-pink, I1-clarity diamond is surrounded by 70 full- and single-cut diamonds, the auction house said Monday. It will lead the December 5 Fine Jewelry & Watches sale.

In total, John Moran will present 225 items, including jewelry by designers such as Bulgari, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., and Van Cleef & Arpels. Watches from Patek Philippe, Rolex and Vacheron Constantin will also go on the block.

Diamonds comprise more than 150 of the lots on offer, the company noted.

Here are the rest of the top five diamond items:

This pendant contains a pear-shaped, 5.06-carat, G-color, VVS2-clarity diamond suspended from two tapered baguette-cut diamonds. It carries an estimate of up to $150,000.

A circular brilliant-cut, 9.06-carat, O- to P-color, VS2-clarity diamond ring is set to fetch up to $75,000 at the auction.

John Moran has set a $30,000 to $50,000 presale price range on this diamond necklace, designed as a series of hearts set with half-moon and princess-cut diamonds within a frame of round brilliant-cut diamonds. Overall, the piece has 589 diamonds with a combined weight of 34.83 carats.

... "

https://rapaport.com/news/5ct-diamond-c ... e=hs_email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)