This Pink Diamond Reigned Supreme in Hong Kong

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This one is way too pale for me despite the fact that they call it 'intense'. I like my pink diamonds to be saturated with bubble gum pink color so I didn't bid on this one. :lol:

The 15.48-carat fancy intense “Pink Supreme” diamond sold for $10.8 million at Christie’s jewelry auction in Hong Kong earlier this week. It was the top lot of the sale, which garnered more than $60 million.

"Hong Kong—A fancy intense pink diamond was the top lot of Christie’s recently concluded fall jewelry auction in Hong Kong, selling for nearly $11 million.

Diacore, which is known for buying and cutting rare rough diamonds, paid $83.9 million Hong Kong dollars ($10.8 million) for the 15.48-carat “Pink Supreme,” an internally flawless, Type IIa stone.

It was estimated to sell for $70 million to $100 million Hong Kong dollars ($9 million to $13 million).

The Pink Supreme’s per-carat sales price works out to about $700,000.

The record per-carat price for a pink diamond sold at auction (or any diamond or gemstone) stands at $5.2 million, set by the 2022 sale of the “Williamson Pink Star,” which Diacore manufactured.

In total, Christie’s “Magnificent Jewels & The Pink Supreme” sale, held live Monday, garnered $491.4 million Hong Kong dollars ($63.3 million), which it said was its second highest sales total for a fall jewelry auction in Asia since 2017.

The auction house found buyers for 89 of the 113 lots it offered, making the auction 79 percent sold by lot.

Diamonds dominated the sale’s top five lots.

A private buyer from Hong Kong paid $50.2 million Hong Kong dollars ($6.5 million) for a 3.51-carat pear-shaped fancy vivid blue diamond, while another private buyer from Hong Kong purchased a ring set with two blue diamonds and two pink diamonds for $36.7 million Hong Kong dollars ($4.7 million).

A pear-shaped 40.05-carat, D-color, internally flawless Golconda diamond sold to a private Asian buyer for $36.1 million Hong Kong dollars ($4.6 million), while another private buyer from Asia bought a 38.88-carat D flawless diamond for $30.6 million Hong Kong dollars ($3.9 million).

A buyer paid more than $2 million for this rare and well-preserved Patek Philippe pink gold perpetual calendar chronograph from 1950. The day of the week (Qua) and month (Abr) are in Portuguese and translate to Wednesday and April.

On Sunday, as part of “Luxury Week” at Christie’s Hong Kong, the auction house also held three live watch sales, “Important Watches,” “The OAK Collection Part I,” and “The Philippe & Elisabeth Dufour Foundation Charity Auction.”

Together, the three auctions totaled $222.2 million Hong Kong dollars ($28.6 million), which Christie’s said was the second highest total ever for a fall watch auction in Asia.

The top lot of all three sales was a rare and well-preserved 18-karat pink gold Patek Philippe Ref. 1518 perpetual calendar chronograph with moon phases and its calendar in Portuguese.

The watch sold for $ ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... -hong-kong
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: This Pink Diamond Reigned Supreme in Hong Kong

Post by SwordfishMining »

Well, it wasn't you that outbid me then. :)
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"