Silversmith wanted

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

Silversmith wanted

Post by mick »

I am seeking someone who can take a silver coin and make it into a ring blank.
The coin was given me long ago and is not worth anything, but has sentimental value.
So making it into a ring is the best way to keep it I think.
PinkDiamond

Re: Silversmith wanted

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's what Charles does, so contact him, mick. He's here in the states, but that's one of the things he specializes in, and his prices are reasonable since he offered members a special price on such rings. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

ya, I'm not good enough yet to trust myself playing
with other people's silver. ;)
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
mick

Post by mick »

Ok ta.

I went through the process of lookinhg at local designers, found one I liked and didnt get a reply, so Im not going through that again.
I will hunt Chas down.
Its actually a NZ silver Commonwealth Games dollar or somthing, about 40mm round from 74 I think. It was common in those days for Grannies to order things from magazines for xmas gifts. So they made millions of them, so not worth anything, but as a ring, I think better, much better.
I have the same problems with books, they are some of my oldest posessions. Not worth two bob, so I am thinking of cutting out the title pages with inscriptions to make a poster or soemthing. Just no point keeping them for one page.