Britt’s Pick: Sean Gilson for Assael’s Rivière Necklace

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a fabulous necklace and I like the length of the collar/choker style in a somewhat unique and lovely design that makes me want to try it on. Check this out. ;)

By Brittany Siminitz | November 14, 2023

"Here’s a necklace I want to put on and never take off. With this collar, Sean Gilson for Assael has managed to let pearl be everything—cool, classic, approachable, chic, glamorous—all in one piece.

The necklace is not exactly what you’d call an everyday piece of jewelry. With 13 cultured South Sea pearls and nearly 25 carats of round brilliant diamonds—and a price available upon request—this isn’t your daily charm necklace that you really can get away with never taking off. But despite its luxurious components, it emits an easygoing vibe, like a livable luxury that looks positively plush to sink into.

Sections of diamonds, arranged in grapevine style, are spaced by round South Sea pearls generous in size, for a style that showcases the pearl’s incredible versatility and how a piece can break out of the confines of that “classic pearl” label.

“Peggy Grosz, creative director of Assael, asked me to design and create a new necklace that had a harmonious balance between the diamonds and the pearl presence,” says Gilson. “I wanted to make a necklace that looked fresh but classic, my own contemporary pearl version of a rivière necklace, with a touch of Old Hollywood glamour à la Grace Kelly. I also made sure the necklace is articulated to lie well on the neck.”

On the neck, it looks glorious—a dazzling display for whatever holiday event one has planned. And beyond that, the necklace would make quite the memorable birthstone gift, for April or June.

The necklace just made its debut last week at Neiman Marcus’ inaugural Bejeweled Ball in Dallas showcasing six jewelry brands, including Assael.

“We are honored to be included in this unprecedented event,” Grosz said in a statement. “The combination of the ‘pearl revolution’ and the ‘quiet luxury’ trend has recently brought ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... l-riviere/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)