Rare Tiffany Pieces and More in Bonhams’ Upcoming L.A. Sale

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

For the life of me I can't figure out what the heck I'm looking at on the cuff bracelet in the lead and second pic that's supposed to be a Capricorn zodiac cuff, so if anyone can explain what it is please help me out and clue me in. :roll:

The sapphire and diamond ring below it is lovely, but the hinged bracelet with rubies and diamonds by Cartier is the one I like best from this lineup despite the fact that it's too wide for my taste. I left the last item for you to see via the link. ;)

By Annie Davidson Watson | November 06, 2023

"Bonhams’ California Jewels auction scheduled for Nov. 21 in Los Angeles will feature 307 lots, including rare and unique pieces from such designers as Elsa Peretti and Angela Cummings for Tiffany & Co.

“California Jewels offers the perfect platform to achieve style with a conscious, allowing Bonhams clientele to shop sustainably for antique jewels,” said Emily Waterfall, the director of Bonhams Los Angeles jewelry department, in a statement. “The sale includes a significant selection of natural estate diamonds presented alongside more contemporary pieces, such as the rare Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. zodiac cuff. The sale has some extraordinary designs with exceptional stones and craftsmanship that are highly sought-after pieces of jewelry.”

Leading the sale is a gold and diamond ring with a 4 ct. center stone, expected to bring in between $70,000 and $100,000. The sale will have both contemporary and vintage pieces, among the latter a 1940s Cartier bracelet with rubies and diamonds. Take a look at these and other highlights below.

Elsa Peretti for Tiffany & Co. Capricorn zodiac cuff, circa 1970, in 18k yellow gold with coral, black jade, and mother-of-pearl (also pictured at top), estimate $10,000–$20,000

Ring (circa 1950) in 18k white gold with 1.8 ct. cushion mixed-cut ruby, 1.5 ct. round diamond, and 1 ct. t.w. tapered baguette diamonds, estimate $10,000–$15,000

Ring in 14k white gold with 4.05 ct. round diamond and 0.55 ct. t.w. accent diamonds, estimate $70,000–$100,000

Angela Cummings for Tiffany & Co. hinged bracelet in 18k yellow gold with mother-of-pearl, and pair of earclips in 18k yellow gold with enamel, estimate $7,000–$9,000

Ring in 18k gold with 5.21 ct. cut-cornered rectangular modified brilliant fancy yellow diamond and 1.8 cts. t.w. trillion-cut diamonds, estimate $35,000–$55,000

Cartier hinged bracelet (circa 1940) in 14k bicolor gold and palladium with an oval ruby, graduated square and baguette rubies, and round and single-cut diamonds, estimate $5,000–$7,000

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -jewels-2/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)