Silver and Bold: The Latest in Men’s Jewelry

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Since I don't wear silver, these pieces don't interest me, but there are some who only wear silver, and more and more people are turning to it as they realize the price of gold puts gold jewelry out of reach, and then there are the styles of the items shown to rate. I don't like blackened metals, so the first necklace is out; the ring in the second shot has an Ethiopian opal and black spinels in it, but I don't care for the design, and when I got to the bangle in the third shot I knew I'd be showing very few items from this one. So I skipped the ugly bangle and decided to post the last item, the hammerhead shark piece since it's the one I favor from the lineup. The pieces in between are alright, but not impressive enough for me to post them so use the link to see what's in between the opal ring and the hammerhead shark in the article. If I had to name a second item I like it would be the Helios ring. Check these out and see what you think of them, especially that bangle. If I created that hot mess I'd be too embarrassed to admit it, much less call it finished jewelry.. Tsk, tsk. :?

By Brittany Siminitz | November 06, 2023

"Sterling silver jewelry is experiencing a wave of popularity, as consumers reach for chunky styles that are accessibly priced yet well-made.

This metal has often been a staple in men’s jewelry (as well as cuff links and tie pins), in styles ranging from thick chain bracelets to statement rings.

Still, the men’s jewelry scene is changing. While silver pieces—often big, bold, blackened, and maybe encrusted with diamonds or gemstones—remain a mainstay in the category, consumers are looking out of the ordinary for items they can experiment with. We’re seeing an increase in jewels that were designed with men in mind but are more genderless in appearance, inviting a wide customer base to try on something new.

Sterling silver makes for beautiful sculptural jewelry, and in the men’s market, it’s used in wide bands, cuff bracelets, and artistic pendants for an expression that departs from the chain-link styles so often favored by shoppers of men’s jewelry.

Chains are as strong as they’ve ever been (and not only in men’s jewelry), though, and for styles with a lot of heft, silver offers an attainable option for accessorizing with gusto.

These are some newer sterling silver jewelry pieces intended for men but wearable by anyone—and just right as a gift for the upcoming holiday season.

Luna band in black rhodium-plated sterling silver with black spinel and Ethiopian opal, $400; Nakard

... "

Living Heirloom hammerhead shark pendant in sterling silver, $195; Maui Divers

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... s-jewelry/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)