Quiet Luxury Gets Loud in ‘Percussion’ Collection

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are nice pieces of band equipment from the percussion section, and they show them in 2 slideshows so use the link to check them all out. 8-)

From Jade Ruzzo’s “Percussion” collection, this “Cymbal Pendant” is rendered in 18-karat yellow gold with a 1.56-carat old mine-cut diamond and Brazilian rosewood ($15,800). The designer has a penchant for antique diamonds.

"New York—Certain inspirations pop up again and again for jewelry designers, like architecture or flora and fauna.

Musical instruments, specifically of the percussive variety, are far more unexpected as the starting point for a collection. And yet, a look at one of Jade Ruzzo’s “Cymbal” pendants and one won’t believe they didn’t see the connection sooner.

Instruments’ sculptural forms expertly translate to jewelry in the designer’s “Percussion” collection.

With stones like old mine-cut diamonds, green tourmalines, and sapphires set at center, the Cymbal pendant with its circular engraving becomes a bold and luxurious accessory.

Ruzzo leans into percussion instruments’ broad surfaces, weathered and softened with use, transforming them into the “Cowbell” earrings and “Chime” earrings and ear climbers.

The designer describes percussion instruments and their role in music as “strong, steady, timeless, and vital,” which is felt visually in her designs, through their heft and solidity.

Perhaps the most literal musical rendition is the “Drum Head” ring, though Ruzzo cleverly transforms the style into her version of an initial jewel with off-kilter engraving. She also makes a cocktail ring version with champagne diamond pavé or an opal cabochon.

The designer’s love of gemstones shines throughout the collection, complementing the metal-heavy styles with pops of tourmaline, Malaya and grossular garnet, and cobblestone-style diamond pavé.

Unheated tanzanite, Muzo emeralds, and Turkish diaspore make guest appearances in one-of-a-kind pieces.

Ruzzo may be a new designer—she only launched her line in 2022—but years of working in marketing for various creative and luxury companies and then as a personal stylist have honed her visual acumen and taste.

“Looking back, all the roles I’ve held have really helped me to lay the foundation for starting my own brand,” she said.

The New York City native produces her work between the city’s diamond district and Los Angeles, but resides primarily in the Hudson Valley with her family, including four-year-old daughter, Gloria.

Family provided Ruzzo the direction for the Percussion collection. Her late father, Vic, was a drummer.

“He passed away eight years ago, and since then I’ve searched for ways to honor him and keep him close to me,” Ruzzo said.

“I just love the permanency of fine jewelry and the way it can live on through generations telling its story.”

The “Vic” ring and bangle, cabochon eternity styles destined to become brand best-sellers, are a fitting tribute.

Starting at $3,800, the collection is available at Jade Ruzzo retailers and the company’s website. "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... collection
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)