The Everlasting Appeal of Opal

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's a whole article full of eye candy to feast on. I'm showing you my favorite of the lot, but there's plenty more to drool over. :)

And the 18 latest jewels to show it off
Brittany Siminitz | February 20, 2017

Deep Sea collection ring in 18k black gold with opal, sapphires, and tsavorites, price on request; Lydia Courteille

"Yesterday’s Britt’s Pick got me on an opal kick (thanks, Pamela Froman!), so I found plenty more to share with you today. It would be fair to call me a finicky person—I’m all, I don’t like that to, I love that! to, I’m kind of tired of that—but there are two gemstones that I’m in a lifelong relationship with: opal and moonstone. It helps that there’s a massive array of amazing designs that feature both stones, opal in particular. If it seems like you’re seeing more of it, you probably are: With its flashes of brilliant color and mystical inner fire, it’s an easy selection to star in top-notch designs. There’s also no limit as to what the stone can do: It’s ... "
http://www.jckonline.com/blogs/your-mar ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
OpalSpectrum

Re: The Everlasting Appeal of Opal

Post by OpalSpectrum »

I like some of the designs but most prices are ridiculous :shock: and the photo editing is terrible - note how the earrings are copied :?
for that kind of $$$ I would like to see 'real' photo
btw. there is 1 ring with black opal which look like smoked welo for $17,712 but I'm not sure

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<