Jewels From My Inbox: October 2023 Edition

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

To most people October is all about preparing for Halloween fun, but to us it's about opals, and there are 3 items in this one with opals, although they're not photographed well enough for us to see color, but at least they're among the jewels in this one. I got a kick out of the 'layer cake' ring, but I don't like them calling the red tourmaline 'fire tourmaline', which I don't think any of us have ever heard it called before. Halloween is covered with the earrings in the lead pic, and they're the only items with a Halloween theme; the rest are just lovely jewels for any time of year. I'm cutting this off after the third opal piece so use the link to check out the 7 jewels I left for you to see at JCK. ;)

y Brittany Siminitz | October 11, 2023

"It’s the month for spooky accessories and opal jewelry, and my inbox is brimming with plenty of both.

With so many treats in sight, the only trick is narrowing them down to a reasonable number of pieces to share, a task most difficult when presented with such a wealth of splendor.

To suit the October mood, we’ve got dark and brooding jewels—blackened metals, purple and red gemstones—and ones featuring the month’s beloved birthstone, opal. Not to be outdone is the ever-exceptional tourmaline, and there’s a smattering of new styles and one-of-a-kind pieces for good measure.

White metals appear to be trending, as do hoop earrings (when are they not?), celestial jewels, and reworked vintage—all good bets for the holiday season ahead.

Here are just some of the standout jewels from October.

Layer Cake ring in yellow gold with 4.85 ct. fire tourmaline, 0.3 ct. t.w. diamonds, blue lace agate, and carnelian, $7,850; Mason and Books

Giogo earrings in 20k rose gold with 26.4 cts. t.w. Ethiopian opal, 4.3 cts. t.w. black spinel, 0.86 ct. t.w. emerald, blue tourmaline, 0.38 ct. t.w. emerald, and 0.3 ct. t.w. diamonds, $22,500; Nak Armstrong

Stretch bracelet in 18k yellow gold with amethyst and phosphosiderite, $1,090; Ray Griffiths

Cypress Pink Garden ring in 18k rose gold with pink tourmaline, $3,000; Sanaz Doost

Reconceived Victorian locket in 18k yellow gold with 2.31 ct. Colombian emerald and diamonds, $64,000; Mindi Mond

Ring in 18k yellow gold with opal, emerald, and diamonds, $2,745; Kaltham’s Pavilion

Eberhardt Enchantress hoop earrings in 18k yellow gold with jet black enamel, 0.88 ct. t.w. emeralds, and 0.55 ct. t.w. diamonds, $7,200; State Property

Ring in 18k white gold with 11.88 ct. opal and diamonds, price on request; La Marquise
Liv Luttrell Obi ear pendants

... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ox-oct-23/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)