Britt’s Pick: Stella Flame’s Maris Pearl Necklace

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

When I clicked the link to the article I didn't expect to see pearls like these, so I was surprised to see the creatures on them, and they're so cute I heard a little giggle escape my lips. :lol:

By Brittany Siminitz | October 03, 2023

"Jumbo pearls are on the rise, and Stella Flame Jewelry has a marvelous offering that pearl lovers will be wild for.

A menagerie of the highest luxury—diamond-dotted crab, butterfly, frog, seahorse, starfish, snake, and lizard—gather on this necklace, decorations on the major baroque pearls that dangle charm-style from a two-tone chain.

“We go to great lengths to create our one-of-a-kind statement neckpieces, typically featuring various combinations of five or seven large to jumbo South Sea, Tahitian, and gold baroque and semi-baroque pearls that are carefully matched for size, luster, form, and color,” says Stella Flame, owner of the eponymous New York-based jewelry brand. “Each pearl is adorned with an 18k and diamond creature suspended from an 18k diamond-accented primrose bail. The primrose—from the Latin prima rosa, ‘first love’—is a motif woven throughout my collections and a nod to my love of nature.”

The pearls are a splendor in their own right. But to add animals to them? The necklace takes on an entirely new form of luxurious whimsy that helps it to stand on its own in a world of pearls. And if the thought of animal jewelry sounds cutesy or twee—not so with this variety. Its ecosystem of reptiles, amphibian, insect, and sea creatures is stocked with plenty of edge, thanks mostly to the darkened metals and pearls (but also because snakes, crabs, and butterflies can be pretty badass).

“Since my gallery is in the Hamptons and I’m partial to water locales—in Istanbul I live steps from the Bosphorous—I was inspired to put a new spin on pearls by adding my favorite bejeweled creatures found in the ocean or along coastlines,” Flame says. “Since they’ve proven to be so popular, we also offer our ..."

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... lla-flame/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)