Choron Group Invests in New Ekati Owner

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This looks like a good deal for both Choron and Burgundy Mines, the latter of which recently bought the Ekati mine in Canada, and they think they can extend the life of the mine from a few years to a decade or so. Here's the scoop. :)

By Rob Bates | August 29, 2023

"Indian diamond manufacturer Choron Group has acquired what it calls a “significant shareholding” in Burgundy Diamond Mines, the Australian company that recently bought the Ekati mine in the Northwest Territories.

Choron made the purchase through a private family investment vehicle named Kama Capital. The investment helped finance Burgundy’s 100% acquisition of Arctic Canadian Diamond Company, the former owner of Ekati.

“The idea is to bring the upstream, the midstream, and the downstream together,” Choron CEO Anshul Gandhi tells JCK. “We want to promote Canadian diamonds throughout the pipeline.”

Gandhi says that while Choron will manufacture some of Burgundy’s production, the mine will continue to sell to other companies, and through auctions and tenders.

Burgundy Diamond Mines paid $136 million for the mine in March. The purchase included Canadamark, the origin verification system.

The first mine in Canada’s Northwest Territories, Ekati was originally scheduled to close in 2025, though current plans call for it to remain open until ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ati-owner/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)