Hecla says production impacted at Idaho mine after fire incident

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Another one from mining.com, this silver mine is a major source here in the U.S., but it had a 'fall of ground', or partial collapse, as well as a fire that has halted production. Thankfully no one was in the mine at the time, but they have to make it safe again, and since production was halted their stock is losing ground. :?

Reuters | August 21, 2023 | 7:20 am Top Companies USA Silver

Lucky Friday silver mine. (Image courtesy of Hecla Mining.)

"Hecla Mining said on Monday that production at its Idaho mine was hit after it suspended operations following a fire incident, sending the shares of the largest US silver miner down over 8%.

The company said a “fall of ground” incident occurred in one of the shafts at its Lucky Friday mine where the repair works were underway.

A “fall of ground” involves a collapse of a part of the mine shaft or tunnel roofs or walls crumbling.

No personnel were in the mine at the time of the failure, Hecla said, adding that it was working on a plan to resume production and would update 2023 outlook once that happens.

“A prolonged shutdown of operations at Lucky Friday following the ground fall/fire at the #2 shaft could materially impact 2023 guidance with the mine accounting for about 30% of our 2H23 consolidated EBITDA forecast,” said analysts at RBC Capital Markets.

“While management is working on a remediation plan, we expect this issue will further pressure near-term FCF (free cash flow) generation,” the analysts added.

Shares of the company fell to ... "

https://www.mining.com/web/hecla-mining ... e-incident
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)