The One With Armitron’s Ross and Rachel Watches

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

They're nice looking and reasonably priced so I'm sure a lot of people will 'have to have them', but for me, I hated it when they put Ross and Rachel together because I never cared for his character so they'd have difficulty selling them to me. :lol:

By Karen Dybis | July 28, 2023

"Friends created one of the most iconic love stories in television history, a relationship that inspired Armitron’s new watches intended for brides and grooms.

No, it’s not the Monica and Chandler set. Armitron has debuted Ross and Rachel watches, named for the Friends characters who “stole the world’s hearts,” according to a company press release.

Maybe they were on a break. Maybe they weren’t. But Ross and Rachel had 10 memorable seasons of on-again, off-again romance on the NBC sitcom, occasionally living together and eventually becoming parents.

Armitron created the Ross and Rachel watches for wedding couples to show their partnership in life and love.

Armitron seeks to celebrate such enduring love bonds through the Ross and Rachel timepieces, says Bobbie Weichselbaum, CEO of E. Gluck Corporation, its parent company. “Within these classic his-and-her watches, we’ve artfully captured not only precise craftsmanship but also the very essence of everlasting love and commitment,” Weichselbaum tells JCK.

“Timeless elegance and unparalleled design come together in the Ross and Rachel, making them the perfect companions for couples embarking on their journey of love—a truly cherished choice for the 2023 wedding season,” Weichselbaum says.

The Ross and Rachel could be worn by (or given to) anyone in the bridal party, Armitron said in a press release. The watch design is coordinated so the couple wearing them fit together, kind of like lobster claws.

The Ross and Rachel are priced at $95 and $85, respectively, and available in silver or gold, with a choice of dial finishes.

Let’s pivot to how the watches look. The Ross features a stainless steel case, bracelet, and coin edge bezel, with a choice of three dial finishes: glossy white, sunray silver, or glossy black. The watch embodies harmony, elegancy, and functionality, Armitron said in its press release. There is no dinosaur embellishment available, but even if you aren’t a paleontologist, you could pay for the $95 watch with a dinosaur check, allowing you to share some of your prehistoric love.

Just remember: If you are marrying someone named Emily, you can’t say Rachel’s name at the altar or bad things will ensue. Anyway…

The Rachel has a stainless steel case and bracelet with adjustable links. It comes in either silver with a sunray silver dial or gold with a glossy white dial. This $85 timepiece promises to stay on if you want to climb out of the window at your wedding or if you go backpacking across western Europe and find yourself just outside Barcelona, hiking in the foothills of Mount Tibidabo.

If you wear the Rachel, you don’t have to have a wedding veil made by blind Belgium nuns, have a ring the size of your fist, or look like a floating ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... l-watches/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)