See LaCalifornienne’s Top Father’s Day Watch Picks

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I had high hopes for this one, thinking they'd show us some fabulous watches for Father's Day, but I was disappointed since I wouldn't choose the first model for my dad, knowing he wouldn't care for it, and the other two styles only get worse in my book, although I like the one in the third pic with the green in the band better than the second, but overall I thought these were not appealing choices, especially coming from a company known for it's watches. :roll:

LaCalifornienne rose to popularity with its rainbow-colored watch straps, but the brand has several more neutral options they say make the perfect Father’s Day gift.

"Los Angeles—LaCalifornienne is best known for its timepieces featuring Technicolor bands, but for dads, the brand recommends a demurer color palette.

Courtney Ormond and Leszek Garwacki founded the Los Angeles-based brand in 2016, originally revamping secondhand watches with brightly colored straps.

The duo’s playful attitude toward serious timepieces resonated with consumers and press alike, leading the venture to bloom into a proper watch manufacturer over the years.

Now, laCalifornienne manufacturers its own quartz timepieces in Switzerland, while continuing to produce its signature colorful straps in its small U.S. workshop.

It’s a marriage of two worlds that founders Ormond and Garwacki think suits their brand ethos perfectly, combining Swiss watchmaking expertise with laCalifornienne’s sunny point of view.

“We take design cues from our environment and the local landscape,” they told National Jeweler.

“The first watch we designed was inspired by Malibu in the 1970s.”

Ormond and Garwacki are quick to note that laCalifornienne is an equal opportunist when it comes to color, embracing not just the brightest combinations but also more neutral tones that fit in with today’s gender-neutral trend.

For Father’s Day and beyond, the founders suggest easing dads into the fun watch strap game with some of these wearable options.

See their three summertime picks below.

“The emoji says it all,” said Ormond and Garwacki of the “Daybreak DB-13A Mariner” timepiece in shade “Navy Blanc Mango” with its small peace sign emoji on the dial.

... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... atch-picks
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)