Lagos Expects Two-Tone, Silver, and Statement Pieces to Trend Big This Year

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I have no problem with mixing white and gold jewelry, although I don't often do it, but I even have a serpentine choker that's yellow gold on one side and white gold on the other, so it's never been an issue with me although I prefer yellow gold, which is why of these pieces I like the 18kt YG five-station diamond bracelet in the third pic best. Check these out and see what you think. :)

By Victoria Gomelsky | April 24, 2023

"So long, layers. Hello, statement styles, especially anything in silver and two-tone!

As you think about how to merchandise your gold and silver showcases this fall, you may want to keep this in mind: The pandemic-era craze for layering smaller pendants, bracelets, and earrings into a maximalist whole is finally giving way to a look that favors singular statement styles—in particular, those in trending silver or two-tone executions.

Embrace earrings in 18k gold with diamonds, $2,250 (available in August)

This was a takeaway from our recent conversation with Kate Lagos, brand stylist at Lagos, the Philadelphia-based jewelry company founded by her father, Steven Lagos, in 1977.

“We’ve been pushing light and layerable because it’s been happening for so long, and we’ve explored that a lot, but it’s shifting back to bolder styles, such as big cuffs,” Kate tells JCK. “Also, it’s very interesting that silver is coming back. We’ve been working on our gold pieces for the last 10 years, but silver is our core.”

Five-station 18k gold and diamond bracelet, $16,500

To hear Kate tell it, so is two-tone jewelry. “Steve was a pioneer when it came to two-tone,” she says. “When he started 45 years ago, people were wearing silver or they were wearing gold. He gave the wearer that confidence to feel as though they can mix and match what they already have and not feel like it’s clashing.”

High Bar necklace in sterling silver with Caviar beading, 18k gold, and diamonds, $6,000

The Lagos fall 2023 lineup incorporates these trends and more—just look to the brand’s bold new Embrace collection, which combines its classic X motif with diamond-circled O’s, and its iconic Caviar pieces bearing the brand’s signature beading, often dusted with diamonds.

Caviar bracelet in sterling silver with pavé diamonds, $4,500

“The fall focus is ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ne-silver/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)