This Is the Most Gen Z-Appropriate Timepiece From Watches & Wonders

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is very clever, and cute to boot, and they were smart enough to make Kermie's face only appear in the 6 o'clock date window on the first of the month, so adult men can wear this without having the frog staring at them every day. I love spring greens with the true mix of yellow and green, as well as sage green so I like this one even if Kermit the Frog is its namesake. :lol:

Oris debuted its Disney collaboration at Watches & Wonders Geneva. The Oris ProPilot x Kermit Edition is out this month. (Image © Disney)

"Hear me out.

Oris has a Kermit the Frog collaboration timepiece and it’s absolutely adorable. Not cartoon character adorable—there’s barely a puppet in sight; more on that later—more like fashion-forward, Gen Z colorful cute.

Kermit the Frog from The Muppets appears in the Oris ProPilot X Kermit Edition date window on the first of each month. (Image © Disney)

The dial of the Oris ProPilot X Kermit Edition is yes, Kermit the Frog green, but to me it screams Key lime pie. My personal childhood connotation would veer more toward Nickelodeon slime than Muppet.

It’s a happy shade, a vibrant yellow green that lends so much personality to the silver titanium case and bracelet.

There is an actual nod to the amphibian inspiration in the form of Kermit’s face in the 6 o’clock date window, though he only appears on the first of the month. Though I could live without it, it will no doubt be a draw to the “Disney adult” who embarks on trips to Anaheim or Orlando more frequently than I get to the dentist.

The timepiece is powered by the automatic winding Oris Calibre 400 movement. (Image © Disney)

The Kermit homage is ultimately subtle. The success of the timepiece is how Oris nailed the dial color, picking a verdant, new growth type of green that is optimistic and youthful, rather than feeling like a throwback. Green watch dials have been trending for several years, but this shade is far more fun and less classic than its predecessors.

Oris launched the ProPilot X Kermit Edition at Watches & Wonders Geneva this year and it’s available this month.

It’s powered by ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/11 ... es-wonders
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)