Opal Jewelry by OpalSpectrum

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

OpalSpectrum

Opal Jewelry by OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

I'll post here some of my creations

finally this year I started making some jewelry (* I did couple pieces in the pass but it was more for fun and practice)
right now I don't have too much time so it's quite slow process but hopefully i will make more stuff soon

all the jewelry is designed and hand crafted by me
I like different styles > from ancient to modern :roll: and I take inspiration from all kinds of things like art, nature, mythology, architecture ..etc
but generally I start from the Gemstone >> I cut each gem from rough but I only select stones which I feel are interesting , cool or special ;)
then I try to create the design which will emphasize the gem beauty and features :idea:
:arrow: my designs are quite simple but every piece is unique > I also like to incorporate some hidden meaning or symbology into the designs -- but the main focus is on the gemstone and I only add some details to accent it.

my 1st design I would like to share is this ring
> "Snow White"
Natural Black Opal Silver Ring
- to accent the opal beauty and pattern I used mix of different finishing techniques
- my signature Frosted Finish also known as 'Tremblage' which looks like the blanket of snow with sparkling snowflakes
- contrasted with Anglage (beveling) & Mirror polish

*the ring name is an wordplay > which refers to the frosted finish and the pattern which looks like snowflakes :) and in my language the highest mountain in my region have the same name as princess 'Snow White' > and can also mean 'snowball' ;)

here is the photo of the stone with nice detail of the pattern
flesh1221.jpg

>>> Firmitas Utilitas Venustas <<<
PinkDiamond

Re: Opal Jewelry by OpalSpectrum

Post by PinkDiamond »

I absolutely LOVE IT! You did a fabulous job on it and I would buy it in a second. I'm so happy for you because you have definitely found your niche, and your video is professional quality. Thanks so much for sharing your Snow White ring with us, OS. I am truly impressed with it and I know that if I tried it on I wouldn't want to take it off. In other words, I'd have to have it. Kudos!!! :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I'll have to agree with Pink, that's one very attractive ring to me. I've always liked a change from the slick polished metal or even the standard oval cab. I'll agree the standard shape is the MOST popular ever and your opal displays the reason why wonderfully. I think the matte finish brings more emphasis to the fine gem you set. That should be on a loving hand sooner than later. Great pattern and facing up.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

It is spectacular!
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

it took me some time to make it > the 'frosted finish' was hand hammered couple thousand times lol

OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

here is something I made for Women's Day/Mother's Day

'The Venus Talisman'

Natural Baltic Amber & Crystal Opal Silver Pendant

there is a lot of hidden meaning and symbology behind the design > the main inspiration were the ancient 'Venus figurines' which represent the WomenPower > fertility and Mother Earth 🌎 the Opal and 🔥 symbolize this hidden Power and life-giving Force.
In the myths Aphrodite was the most beautiful because planet Venus is the brightest 🌟 in the night sky.
Venus also have 2 names > 'morning star' and 'evening star' ☆ that is why I made the pendant double-sided > one side in modern/contemporary style and other in classic Amber setting.

fully hand crafted original design

> all natural stones selected and cut from rough
* Baltic Amber from Poland and Crystal Opal from Lightning Ridge Australia
> set in Sterling Silver
* to accent the stones I used different finishes and texturing techniques > mix of frosting and satin polish contrasted with mirror polish

k885.jpg
k48.jpg

crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Out standing!! 8-)
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I couldn't agree more! That's beautiful and you did a great job on it OS, thanks so much for sharing it with us. :)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

I like that. I once did an ornate wire wrapped eye on a elk tooth i made a wrap for and the last customization was "Cut all that crap off" and have a simple loop....... Oh well money is money and its not a project of mine unless it has a way to make you have to do all the work twice LOL Im sure most moms would love to receive that as a gift. The opal just jumps out of the center with that amber swirl.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
OpalSpectrum

Post by OpalSpectrum »

thank you all :)
it was quite challenging...both in cutting and setting .. the opal is set inside the amber and everything had to be perfect :oops: :lol:

will post some more goodies but I'm trying different setups for photos and videos -- because in some cases it's quite hard to show both opal and jewelry details the way I want :roll: