New Comet May Be an Emerald !

What's going on out there?

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

The comet is merely green, but Ron Ringsrud of Emerald News couldn't resist saying it was an emerald comet even though we don't exactly know what it's made of yet, but chances are it's not going to be emerald. :lol:

The comet will be visible at the time of the Tucson gem show, and since it's so odd for him to put something like this in his newsletter I thought y'all would enjoy reading this one on the comet's appearance in time for the Tucson shows. There's no link to this since I copied it from his newsletter. ;)

It will be closest to the Earth during the Tucson Show!

"Well it’s not an emerald; but I couldn’t resist such a cool headline! But it is green.

A comet known as C/2022 E3, marked by its bright green nucleus and long faint ion tail, will be on display in the Earth sky in January — possibly for the first time ever or at least for thousands of years.

According to NASA, the newly discovered comet is expected to reach its closest proximity to the sun on Jan. 12. Then, about three weeks later, beginning Feb. 1 (Tucson Time!) the comet is slated to draw nearest to Earth — 26.4 million miles away to be exact.

The brightness of comets tends to be unpredictable, but this one's current behavior is promising, according to a recent report from Preston Dyches at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Its glow may be visible to the naked eye, though only in dark night skies. Observers with binoculars or telescopes have a greater chance of witnessing the rare speck of light."
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: New Comet May Be an Emerald !

Post by SwordfishMining »

I'll be watching. Last green one I was lucky to have been camping in Virgin Valley and watched it with my friend around a campfire. They are majestic just hanging there.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"