G-Shock Debuted a $7,400 Smartwatch at Baselworld

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

There's news that the Swiss watch industry didn't do as well as expected at Baselworld, so the show will be 2 days shorter next year, and since it's also about Baselworld I quoted from the other story below this one, and put the link to it below the quote so you can get the full story.

April 3, 2017 by Emili Vesilind

"Casio debuted a G-Shock smartwatch at Baselworld last week that costs as much as a first-class flight to Tokyo.

The $7,400 MRGG2000HT-1A, a special edition timepiece, is purported to “demonstrate the best in Japanese innovation and craftsmanship,” according to a statement from the company.

The Bluetooth-connected watch “is handcrafted using a traditional Japanese hammer tone technique with colors inspired by a Japanese cloud dragon.”

The MRGG2000HT-1A features three-way time sync capabilities and G-Shock’s GPS Hybrid Wave Ceptor technology, which accurately measures time and location from anywhere on earth.

The watch pairs with a proprietary mobile-phone app, and the device’s time setting can be adjusted directly through the app.

But it’s the watch’s outsides that make it so pricey. ... "

http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-arti ... -306540353

From the other story on what 5 execs had to say about the Swiss watch industry:

I spoke to a handful of CEOs about the state of the business—here’s what they told me.

For those familiar with the shaky state of the Swiss watch industry, it should come as no surprise that Baselworld is hurting. The show just announced a shortened run for its 2018 event, on the heels of declining sales and criticism that the show has become too expensive to make it worthwhile for brands to participate.

http://www.jckonline.com/editorial-arti ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)