Don / jakesrocks

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

rocks2dust

Don / jakesrocks

Post by rocks2dust »

I just saw on another board that Don (jakesrocks) has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. He said that it was becoming difficult to type, but that he was still reading online. Just in case he makes his way around here, I thought I'd mention how much I appreciated his sharing his interest in minerals and the many photo and other contributions he has posted. If you are reading Don, I hope you are being kept comfortable as possible and are blessed in being able to get done each day the things that are truly important to you.
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
jakesrocks

Re: Don / jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

Hey R2D, I'm still kicking. Ain't planning on packing the minerals away for a while yet.

Some days are better than others. For the last 3 or 4 days all I've wanted to do is sleep. But today I'm up & digging thru my favorite mineral sellers listings, looking for those rare ones that I don't have in my collection. I may be a bit slow about posting pics. It's getting difficult to hold a camera steady enough to get clear pics.

I still have about 4 vintage machines to restore before I pack it in, and a hot rod I want to wash & take for a few rides yet too.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Good for you jake. Guess it's time to break out the tripod, and as always, thoughts and prayers are with you. :!: :!: :!:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
rocks2dust

Post by rocks2dust »

Glad to hear you are still reading and enjoying your minerals and other projects!

At some point everyone reaches a point where we - well most of us - realize that our little journeys don't go on forever and get shorter every day. For me, best I can do is try to make sense of whatever mess I leave behind, hope it isn't too much trouble for those I leave and let the next steps rest in God's hands. Too cold around here to do any car washing, but do get out and enjoy your rod when you get a good day :D
r2d

surplus odds and ends that I have on ebid.net
· Xtra gemstones
· Xcess fossils, minerals and rough
· Everything else
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

Finally got my hands to calm down long enough to take & edit a couple pics. New minerals posted. :D

As for driving the hotrod, I've lost partial use of my right hand. Gonna be difficult to hold onto the shift knob, but I'll figure it out. :?
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Hey, that is some really bad news! D: Will be praying for you.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

kjsspot wrote:Hey, that is some really bad news! D: Will be praying for you.

LOL KJ, so that's why I started feeling like I was burning. :twisted:
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

:shock: :D
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

I ain't gone yet KJ. I'll go in that box kicking & screaming. :twisted: Too many vintage lapidary machines to restore yet. :lol: