Should e-tailers ban Confederate flag jewelry?

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Should e-tailers ban Confederate flag jewelry?

Post by PinkDiamond »

Etsy, eBay, and Amazon Ban Confederate Flag Merchandise
By Rob Bates, News Director - Posted on June 24, 2015

"In the wake of last week’s shooting of nine people at a South Carolina church, Amazon, eBay, and Etsy have banned Confederate-themed products from being sold on their sites—including jewelry.

As with the other retailers, an Etsy post placed Confederate-themed merchandise among items that “promote, support, or glorify hatred.”

EBay’s announcement said something similar: “We believe [the Confederate flag] has become a contemporary symbol of divisiveness and racism. This decision is consistent with our long-standing policy that prohibits items that promote or glorify hatred, violence, and racial intolerance.”

EBay has since added “Confederate battle flag and related items with its image” to its list of banned products, as has Amazon.

While it was difficult to locate Confederate-themed items on Amazon or Etsy, at press time Confederate-themed necklaces, pendants, and dog tags were still relatively easy to find on eBay, especially if one searched for “rebel” items.

*use link below story to see Confederate jewelry still being sold on eBay

One eBay seller of a rebel-themed necklace told JCK: “The new eBay policy banning Southern-themed items seems much more to do with eliminating Southern heritage than hate. A type of cultural cleansing by large companies. I hate the ban, but I am selling 100X more than usual.”

On site forums, eBay sellers of Confederate items agreed sales of their items had spiked, even as they disagreed with the ban.

“I will simply move all my listings to my own already active independent website,” one said. “Without eBay, Amazon, etc. to compete with, I will simply sell them there and AVOID any eBay fees. I’ll actually make more money thanks to eBay’s knee-jerk.”

Others debated whether the flag stood for racism.

“Most confederate soldiers were not slavers,” one wrote, “[and] fought to defend their homes from Northern aggression. The flag was their battle symbol, not a symbol of support for slavery. The two motives were aligned during the war, but demonizing half the country (at the time) because of a minority of slave owners is [wrong].… The flag was co-opted by Dixiecrats opposing civil rights in the ’50s and ’60s, and that is the root of all the NAACP complaints. But that is not its primary use today. Today it’s used as a symbol of Southern pride.”

Wrote another: “Those who died in defense of that flag were common people, Americans. It was a civil war, an internal war.… Most that fought thought their side was right and just because one side lost the war it doesn’t make the other side 100 percent right.”

But many others thought it was a good idea.

Wrote one: “I am for burying symbols that ..."

Article and pics of listings here:
http://www.jckonline.com/2015/06/24/ets ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
Rockranger

Re: Should e-tailers ban Confederate flag jewelry?

Post by Rockranger »

All this PR its getting is because of one brainwashed young mind and what the mainstream media makes of anything it can get a story on these days. Remember batman etc....... making a mockery of a symbol is the only way to get there ideas across to the sheep who listen. ;)
Heres another symbol of an idea :lol: they have no flag here.

Last edited by Rockranger on Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

OMG!! LoL I've gotta steal that picture.
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
Rockranger

Post by Rockranger »

:lol:
kjsspot wrote:OMG!! LoL I've gotta steal that picture.
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

U say brainwashed young mind, please remember the govt is filling all young minds with mush. They r only spewing out what they r now taught for the last 25yrs. This is all by design, as "slowly I turned", this effect is going foward, slowly but by design. The young r only just beginning to see the lies & the deceite the regime is spewing out in lockstep-amazing 2 c!-steve... :evil:
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

Such a shame that people view the Confederate flag in this negative light.

:shock: :lol: RR!!

I agree, Steve! Last night, I noticed there were a slew of programs about the Civil War and slavery on television last night. :roll:

From what I understand and was taught in college History courses, slavery was not the cause of our Civil War, it was tariffs. It was not until later in the Civil War that slavery became an issue.

http://www.emarotta.com/protective-tari ... civil-war/

What is a tragedy is that we seem to forget what our gov't and the South did to our native Americans. Disgusting. It has been brushed under the rug what we did to these tribes.
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

The Confederate flag is a historical monument to the South, that the Northern aggressors have never liked (I was born in NY so I can say that), and you're right gingie; the Civil War was NOT fought over slavery, as evidenced by the fact that many northerners also had slaves. But as always, history is actually his-story; that is, the story handed down by the winner, so the Confederate flag was looked down on, and they used the awful event in Charleston as an incendiary to ignite the lemmings against the flag, and of course guns; as if a gun can kill without a human's hand. :roll:

And as usual, the shooter was on drugs and under psychiatric care, so once again the lamestream media points the finger at the wrong cause in order to promote the real agenda; to eliminate Southern history, and disarm the public. :!:

It is poetic justice that sales of Confederate flags and jewelry have soared, as have gun sales so at least there are still some smart people left in this country. :lol:
PinkDiamond

m76steve

Post by m76steve »

I think people r starting 2 C what the regime is trying to do, change history as the nazies tried to do. The confederate erra is a part of history & should be remembered for that. If someone wants to remove a blot on the US, start at the white house, our divider-in-chief!-even the youngins r starting to C thru the lies-steve... :evil:
GeorgeSharen

Post by GeorgeSharen »

welcome to 1984 double speak
i' m canadian and feel the south got a bum deal..good men died under that flag.. not to mention a breed of horse that called trhe"canadian" very rare buecause the yanks kept coming for freash stoack to pull their canons. *rebel yell* give me back my horses
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

That's something I didn't know, George, thanks for sharing that. In this state they decided not to erase Robert E. Lee, and instead gave him his own day in October, separating his day from MLK's, thank God, although Lee's day is not a holiday since he was on the 'wrong' side of history apparently. I find it quite disturbing that they're trying to rewrite history, so I was glad to see they took action here so his legacy is not erased. We're in such an era of people who have been brainwashed because they were taught history via the political views of their teachers, instead of simply being taught the facts, that now the whiners complain and demand that history should take a back seat to truth; all because people who were not even there claim they were somehow injured by it. It's ludicrous, but that's what happens when kids are coddled and taught they're all 'special', and that they're 'winners' even when they haven't run the race. It's absurdity ad infinitum. :roll:
PinkDiamond