Spy agencies target mobile phones to implant spyware

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

opalcreations

Spy agencies target mobile phones to implant spyware

Post by opalcreations »

Think your phone is secure? Think again.
This is why I don't own one :shock:

crazy8s

Re: Spy agencies target mobile phones to implant spyware

Post by crazy8s »

Glad I have a dummy phone. :lol:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Yes, and I've been concerned that my daughter is needing a new phone, and is apparently leaning toward Samsung, which comes with spyware programs on it that allow Samsung to track you, and even activate your camera to see and hear what you're doing, so by owning one you're allowing them to spy on you. :!: I saw that on the national news recently so I would really prefer she choose another brand. :?

They don't work out here in the boonies, and Steve has one only for him to call out on if he's somewhere he can catch a signal, and after reading how easily they can be breached, after he makes calls on it he even removes the battery. :!:

That is also why we're concerned about offering a phone app, since they can be hacked, and the site could ultimately be tampered with, so we're going to have to investigate whether or not we should add that feature. We would like to, but have to be sure neither our members nor the site can be negatively affected by it so please be patient while we investigate phone app access to the site further, and if anyone has more input on this we would like to hear it. Thanks! ;)
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

To all who r concerned about ur security, as was said in a movie in 79, "In space, nobody can hear u scream!" here in the US, nobody listens to the screamers as we are becoming less secure & more controlled. On a program heard on last weekend radio, there was discussion on tracking people with gps in the phones, ur auto, what u buy & where u purchase goods, if there is a court order against u, u can be tracked thru the dmv when u drive anywhere & technology is on the horizon that ur car can be disabled by just a few key strokes from a govt pc if u are wanted for anything. Its common knowledge that any bank accounts u have really dont belong to you anymore, if the powers that be decide, they can lock ur account & remove any funds with the possibility of no return just because you have done a questionable deed. The fact that u are being told about the tracking on the cell phones is just the beginning, the tip of the iceberg. When u take the battery out of the cell phone to kind of shut it down, there is still devices designed into the phone that still has enough power residual to maintain tracking in most cases, thats why when the battery is replaced, most of the items in memory are still in tact & work as before when the battery is installed back in the phone. Call me crazy, but the cameras on my pc are all covered, I stay off the social networks, I use cash as much as possible, but these r just feel good things i do, people just dont realize how serious this is becoming :( :( 8-) steve...
opalcutter

Post by opalcutter »

I hate to point out that by just being on the internet most of the above is possible. I agree with covering cameras on laptops, tablets as taking control of these is fairly easy and in fact you can learn how to with a google search. Mobile phones for all their faults have saved numerous lives, boating, hiking even being able to contacting emergency services immediately. Satellite phones are now cheap enough to use and can be used anywhere. Smart tech is being built into everything from smart TVs to watches, even in your new car. I have a feeling that our brave new world is not going to be a place many can hide without a considerable amount of effort. Big brother is and is going to continue to watch you. Where I live and work I have no choice but to play the part and try to limit the intrusions into my life. My life is so uninteresting I would wonder why they bother....... :oops:
Honesty is the best policy but insanity is the best defense.
gingerkid

Post by gingerkid »

ROFL, 8s!! :lol:

oh dear, I have a Samsung phone and Samsung Nook tablet.

Well, I agree with OC's statement.

I always check out the permissions for each application I download onto the phone, tablets, and computers and limit their ability through the system applications tool (turn off/disable).

Most of the apps I've downloaded on the phone and tablets are ebook reading apps. I avoid apps that have ads that run in them. I do not use either for banking or purchases, and have the phone GPS and Bluetooth turned off. It also is set to where a nearby phone cannot access it.

When Rick and I got our smartphones, he was at KIA trying to access our cell phone service's network. He turned on Bluetooth accidentally, and every KIA in the plant that was within range popped up on his phone and wanted to pair with his phone. :lol:
~ Jan ~

"...you gotta know your ABC's...
Always. Be. Cool." 8-)
- Boyd Crowder
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

Same here. :lol:
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

I think by all the responces, we r all aware of the coming storm & the cradle to grave, we know better than you, how to tell you what is good for you & so on. Im told & a little of what I see there is an awareness blooming & the machine is loosing a little steam. Right now we just have to be a little more aware of who is doing what. People just have to be a little more aware & maybe follow the fox a little closer :!: :roll: :lol: 8-) ..stevie...
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I'm so happy that we have so many folks who are aware of the situation that is evolving with our loss of privacy, and that y'all are smart enough to do whatever you can to stay under the radar. The one thing about living in the boonies, where cell signals have to be sought to use phones, is that it's easier to disappear off their radar. The invasion of our privacy via technology is one reason why my HD TV is not hooked up to the internet, and I only use the computer on the internet, and my tablet only for Skyping with the kids and grandsons. When I was using a webcam on this computer I always unplugged it when I was not using it because it's just smarter to take a few precautions, rather than to be sorry you didn't later. :!:

Kudos to all of you for being aware and protecting yourself as well as we can in this day and age of mass surveillance and snooping into our lives for no reason. Isn't it amazing that a court ordered it to be stopped, and nothing has changed one iota, yet deranged killers still terrorize the public. Just shows how effective all that surveillance ISN'T! :evil: :roll:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
m76steve

Post by m76steve »

PD, + :!: well stated-stevie... :cry: