Diet that works

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

mick

Diet that works

Post by mick »

I found a nice clean cheap Chinese joint near work.

10-13 bucks a main meal take away, I get two dinners from each one.

Noodles sauce and a bit of beef or chicken or tofu or prawns and vegies, I dont care or ask, what comes comes. rice same deal, I am working my way through the menu. Today, number 21 number 82! ole ole! why roo sray orry orry, we not splanish we chinese they say, I say all the same, shut up and cook they love me.

The food they use is on display, warts an all, so I trust them. This one a bit brown rastus I say, he say, ohh just bit suntan.

They also do superb rice paoer rolls, 2.50 each, a prawn or beef or chicken, noodles, mint, rice paper,
fresh, just beauttiful.

For USA, halve these prices.

So the results after eating this say 70% of the time after a month?

I dont have to wash as many dishes. The kitchen is cleaner. I am wasting less food. I am actually saving money.

My pants are fallig down. I need a new belt. I never weigh myself, belt is a good indicator.

I need to lose 10gs like everyone else. Eating this type of food is working for me.

I think Im spending 50 a week on this food and weekends, eat what I used to, call that another 30.
meat, fish, is not cheap here anymore.

Now I have done this before, but just when i got going, the chow joint closed on me! and I dont trust many places
that cook food as I have seen the back of a lot of these places. Charcoal chicken is the only other cooked food I trust.

If you cooked the same things at home here, I think youd be looking at 4 hours labor a week
40 bucks in ingredients, 5 bucks on gas or elec, AND Awashing up so its not that dear probablty comes out even for me,

Only downside is dogs dont get scraps anymore..

See how the next month goes.

Oh one last tingk they cook it in fromt of you, so I ike that too.

With chow food, theres not a lot of fat, and a million sauces, so you dot get bored.

All this really is, is a way of good diet without cooking if you can afford it.

Most other places of similar standard charge 30-50% more so that has been the driver for me having written this and thought about it.
Lydia

Re: Diet that works

Post by Lydia »

Good that you found something that works for you Mick. Just watch the sodium levels, ask them not to add any more salt. A lot of those sauces are loaded with it.
opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Lydia wrote:Good that you found something that works for you Mick. Just watch the sodium levels, ask them not to add any more salt. A lot of those sauces are loaded with it.

And MSG

:)
mick

Post by mick »

Oh yes im clued into salt I dont buy it anymore. I can taste it big time when its added.
I fond if you use enough pepper, and I mean heaps, you dont need salt as you wouldnt notice it.