GSN Offering 10 Carat Kashmir Sapphire

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

GSN Offering 10 Carat Kashmir Sapphire

Post by PinkDiamond »

It will be interesting to see how much it goes for on GSN.

Gem Shopping Network to Feature 10 Carat Kashmir Sapphire
The ring is one of the most expensive items ever featured on a home shopping network
Logan Sachon | February 23, 2016
"On Feb. 25 in a live red carpet event, the Gem Shopping Network will present one of the most expensive items ever on a home shopping network.

The Jewel of Kashmir (pictured, right) is a 10.88 ct. vivid royal blue unheated Kashmir sapphire ring set in a platinum mount with a 2 ct. diamond on each side. The network notes that sapphires of this caliber have sold at auction between $2 million and $6 million. ..."

http://www.jckonline.com/2016/02/23/gem ... -306540353
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
crazy8s

Re: GSN Offering 10 Carat Kashmir Sapphire

Post by crazy8s »

That's too funny I just sent back a ring because it was a phoney. I'm sure the host got embaresed well. :lol:
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

You have GOT to be kidding! Do tell us the sad saga, and how they managed to sell fakes. What was it supposed to be, and what did you end up getting? Also, does it cost you to return something they fraudulently sold, or do they pay for it? :roll:
Inquiring minds want to know. :lol:
PinkDiamond

kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

geez, imagine paying 2 mil and it being a fraud...
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
crazy8s

Post by crazy8s »

I should have known better, a 4.6 catseye W gold ring for $1360. When it got here it looked just like the fabricated catseye beads of different colors. It was a dark grey and the eye was strange so I pulled out my loupe and it didn't look right then either. So I turned it over and the bottom had the same eye. It's not normal to see a bottom polished. And the 2 small diamonds on the side were absolutely clear, they were set into the metal. And the ring hadn't been checked in like most jewelry is. The host was trying to slip it threw. There is a picture floating around somewhere on the forum, I took it from the TV. :lol: I'm sure that ring is real.
kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

Ouch! While it may not be 2 mil I'm be madder than skunk at 1360!!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

What kind of catseye, sapphire? :?:

I can't believe the host tried to slip it thru, and wonder if it was the only one they had so they tried to unload it. I'd be really ticked with an amount like that too, KJ! You expect more when you shell out that kind of money for a ring, and that speaks volumes about the trustworthiness, or lack thereof on the part of GSN. They've got some nerve, and I sure hope they paid for its return, and refunded you immediately. :evil:

I thought they were a cut above junkTV, who had the nerve to send out a returned champagne diamond band that was damaged, and had the tag ripped off, but apparently they're no better. :?
PinkDiamond

opalcreations

Post by opalcreations »

Remember all of that Tibetan silver they had on the shopping channel? They had the guy who was selling it there talking about how the local people created it with all of this ancient skill and talent passed on from generation to generation. He was going on about how it was a "fair trade" deal with the locals to sell their jewelry abroad, and it was helping them all.

A couple weeks ago, I was reading online somewhere how it was exposed to be silver plated tin, or silver with over 50% tin and nickle content. Even a magnet stuck to all of it.

I would never trust anything from that shopping channel after reading that.