Quartzsite 2016 on a leash.

Anything goes!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

SwordfishMining

Quartzsite 2016 on a leash.

Post by SwordfishMining »

Hiya all. Guess I better put in the few pictures I took while in Azirona. First off saw a 40 ki log cast in Boulder Opal. There were 7 pieces total and it had a nice color bar in the center and showing to the outside too. He was asking 70K
P1050257a.jpg

Then I got some little Moroccan Vandanite crystals
P1050283a.jpg

and a chunk of the Payson Coral my neighbor Rick dug, I have a wire wrap specimen off it already LOL. I had to pick the one it was 2-3 inches exposed. No pictures yet, or of the Labradorite tumbles I got either. Also got some tumbled Ocean Jasper. Then there was my setup, opal center of treated woods and jewelry. Did not sell any loose wet specimens this year. Think I'll do away with the water on the table from now on.
P1050265a.jpg

P1050266a.jpg

Then there was the Royal Flamingo agate:
P1050322a.jpg

I'm going to get some more slabbed, this is a break face.
P1050332a.jpg

Thats about all I had pictures of this year believe it or not. We'll find some links.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
rhodolite5

Re: Quartzsite 2016 on a leash.

Post by rhodolite5 »

Hi Swordfish,

I was wondering what kind of accommodations do they have at Quartzsite, I have been wanting to go but it does not appear that there are many places to stay. I also want to touch base with you on doing some opal mining. I normally stay in Reno and strike out from there, do you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

What a treat to see that log cast! So you didn't buy that one at 70K, eh? :lol:

Looks like you got some good stuff, and your display looks great. That's too bad that none of the singles in water sold, but maybe they thought if they were in water they were unstable, so it's probably wise not to display them that way anymore.

Were you too busy to take more pics, or was there just nothing worth shooting? :?:

I just realized you don't have your name in your signature like you did on OA, so I probably should call you Swordfish instead of John now, per our own forum rules. I can't believe I just noticed that now. :lol:
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

Wha' chu talkin bout? They are in water because they are unstable still or don't know yet, but over 90% will have some crazing in at least an area let alone any hydrophane considerations. Wet as mined they are stunning and the big lie that none will dry prevents the cut gemstones from getting us what they should for being bullet proof thoughout cutting and sitting for years for sale, let alone the rarity issue. There were 7 pieces to the 40k (I remember now) log. Nobody walking and talking let alone fingering the tubs. It seems somebody peed in the punch of opal supply and the governments have leeched all the buyers wealth that could have been used on jewelry. THEN Congress made us each and all liable for all the derivatives gambling the wall street bankers are doing with the congressional investment accounts (amoundg others as they are allowed to insider trade) that already is many times the entire usa net worth. Government and citizens, The corps dont count themselves, but it includes all they have not hidden offshore.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"