A Treadmill Talk with God

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

kjsspot

Post by kjsspot »

I know Pink is into health so I thought she would enjoy this. :) Written today by my friend Mary.

© 2016, Mary Hensley
copied with permission :)

Me (looking at my feet): Good Lord, my feet are HUGE!!!!
God: Just a strong foundation for a beautiful temple.

Me: Nice try. I repeat HUGE!!!
God (chuckling). Sweetie, I'm the Architect of Life, remember? I design people for a living. You're a glorious temple built to endure a lifetime. Your specs called for a size 10 and that's what I gave you.

Me: Okay, so I'll keep my feet but you must have been out of your mind when you gave me these thighs?
God: Seriously? I didn't hear you complaining about those thighs when you needed that lower strength while carrying two babes inside of you? Trust me, those thighs, and your glorious caboose, were included as part of my blueprint for a reason.

Me: I'll give you that one, but you can't escape the fact that my narrow shoulders were a definite design flaw.
God: Think again. Have they ever failed you? No? Seems to me they've carried your burdens pretty well.

Me: Maybe, but I doubt these age spots were part of your original plan.
God: Really? Who invests time and energy in creating a marvelous building without paying attention to how it will age? Frank Lloyd Wright used copper in many of his designs, knowing over years it would mellow to a beautiful verdigris. Your age spots , my dear, are simply your patina.

Me: Hmmm, patina...I like that. So, what are wrinkles? Landscaping?
God: Yep. Ivy and roses on the side of a quaint English cottage.

Me. Honestly, you are such a girl sometimes. Temples, patinas, cottages. Okay, so I'll admit you built a fine temple. But, in the big scheme of things, you made one huge mistake; you leased that building to me. Look at the mess, I've created. After all, I'm not walking on this treadmill for the fun of it
God: It does help that your landlord loves you.

Me: Great, now I feel guilty.
God: Want the truth? Yes, you've been neglectful. But, that's not what matters. What matters is those huge feet of yours hitting the rubber night after night.

Me: Hey...my feet aren't HUGE!
~KJ~
Mysterious opals contain the wonders of the skies - sparkling rainbows, fireworks, and lightning, shifting and moving in their depths.
ETSY: http://www.etsy.com/shop/KJOFineArt
PinkDiamond

Re: A Treadmill Talk with God

Post by PinkDiamond »

:lol: Precious. Thanks so much for sharing that with us. :D
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)