Appraisal booboo...

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

m76steve

Appraisal booboo...

Post by m76steve »

This was the appraisal from the out-house, first off the fellow was not privy to colored stones too well, he saw the certs on the paraiba tourmaline & ruby, the tourmaline had a full description & origin, he questioned wheather the stone in the pendent was the same stone on the cert! He wanted to remove all the stones & test them 1 by 1, i was ready to cancel the appr then & there but the appraiser said he would measure in the pendent. He asked me about the metals in the goldwork, then told me he would electronically test for content, he was wrong several times on what was in the frame. He listed the tourmaline as type 1, usually a type 2 material. If he had removed any stones without my knowing 1st, he would have bought me a new frame & mounting service. At the end of the appr, he showed me the figures, way out of line & 60% below what the pendent should be at with the stones as they are now, $13,500 for the ruby, $3800.00 for the diamond, which is ok, & $24,800 for the paraiba tourmaline, all retail! NOT! He also noted the bail on the diamond as platinium, not! Its 14kt white gold. When done I voiced my complaint to the store & left the appraisal on the counter, paid for. Will refer to the store manager 12/4 for possible remedy-will continue later-stevie... :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: 8-)