Homemade nasal spray

Share your health tips, tricks, and stories here

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Homemade nasal spray

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've been meaning to tell y'all that I found an awesome nasal spray I found on sale at the health food store, but when I looked for another I found it retailed for almost $25! :shock:

So I looked at the ingredients and made my own, and it is fantastic; especially if your nose is stuffy so you may want to make some and try it out.

I save empty nasal spray bottles, so after cleaning thoroughly you simply fill it with distilled water, depending on the size of the bottle you add a smidgen (it's an actual measurement) to maybe 1/8 teaspoon of Xylitol (a natural sugar with antibacterial and antiviral properties, and a bit of colloidal silver.

Shake well, reopen and add 1 drop of Tea Tree Oil, 1 drop of Peppermint, and since I love Eucalyptus I added 2 drops of that, too, and a bit of aloe vera gel if you have any, along with a drop of liquid vitamin E. I didn't have the last two so I skipped them this time, and it still makes a great nasal spray.

The oils are also antibacterial and antiviral, so the product I based this on claimed it was for immune support, and I can see how it would do that.

Hope y'all try it out because with winter coming and a lot of dry air in the house it sure is refreshing. :!: :)

I shake it before each use so the essential oils are mixed, and it's so refreshing it's something I want to use whenever I walk past the bottle.
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
opalcreations

Re: Homemade nasal spray

Post by opalcreations »

Sounds good Pink!
As you know, I make my own colloidal silver, so I'll be sure to try this one out.
:)
Lydia

Post by Lydia »

Nice tip. Thanks, Pink.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Hey Chris, you don't use salt when you make your silver water do you? :?:
PinkDiamond

jakesrocks

Post by jakesrocks »

I just feed my dog a little of my home made chili. In about an hour he'll clean the old sinuses right out. :lol:
Artfldgr

Post by Artfldgr »

Tea tree oil may cause bad breath, bad taste, depressed behavior, diarrhea, drowsiness, ear damage, fatigue, inflammation of the mouth, muscle tremors, nausea, skin irritation (burning, drying, eczema, fluid build-up, itching, rash, redness, scaling, warmth, and toxicity in human skin cells), slow or unsteady movements

if you put it in your nose, your taking it into your bloodstream very quickly...
not good...

To use tea tree oil for a sinus infection, boil water on the stove, and add a few drops of tea tree oil. Do not swallow the tea tree oil-water mixture. Simply take the water off the stove, and lean over it with a towel over your head to hold in the vapors. Breathe the vapors in for the next ten minutes. The tea tree oil vapors will loosen the phlegm in your sinuses and help them to run. Clearing out your sinuses is a key step in getting over your infection.
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

One drop of Tee Tree oil in a preparation is hardly deadly :lol: , and it can always be left out. I personally prefer the eucalyptus to the Tee Tree oil.
PinkDiamond

mick

Post by mick »

heer is the cheapest nasal spray on earth and works for hay fever.

Get a bowl or bucket of icy and I mean icy cold water as cold as you can get it.

Stick your head in it and suck in through the nose and spit out through the mouth.

The idea is to get it through your pipes, not half way and back out again, all the way through we want.

You will feel like you are going to drown until you get the hang of it. Kinda like self water boarding.

When you get the hang of it, you will notice instant relief. Doesnt last very long, but when you are about to go mental
its a great flush out and anti inflammatory.
SwordfishMining

Post by SwordfishMining »

That sounds like it was a suicide attempt that actually made a cure. My aversion to drowning is gonna keep me from trying that. I quit using sprays because it just didn't stop when i was using sprays. Guess dry nose does not bother me. Must not I live in the high desert.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"
PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

SwordfishMining wrote:That sounds like it was a suicide attempt that actually made a cure.

No kidding! :lol:
PinkDiamond