Britt’s Pick: Jacquie Aiche’s Opal Inlay Curb Chain Bracelet

For those of you who've been involved with opals and gemstones for many years, here you can chat with your peers.

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Awesome! Britt treats us to 2 magnificent pieces of opal jewelry eye candy, and they're really quite impressive so check out this bracelet, and imagine how good the necklace is since that shot doesn't do it justice. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | May 21, 2024

"I’ve been dreaming of getting my hands on a gorgeous chunky gold chain set. A matching necklace and bracelet, to wear together or apart, possibly with big fat rolo links or maybe a curb chain. Something simple and polished, so it would stand the test of time and I’d return to it again and again. But bold—a statement—nonetheless.

Well, I wasn’t expecting this.

Jacquie Aiche might have altered my chain hunt’s trajectory with a version inlaid with opal—a concept I had no idea I needed until now. And now that I am clued in, I want nothing less.

A generous curb chain kicks off the shape of this jaw-dropping find, each trapezoidal piece of a link inlaid with glimmering blue-green opal and accented with diamonds on the ends. At the bracelet’s forefront, a large rectangular box clasp dedicated to opal, sitting between two rows of pavé diamonds on each side, like glittering bookmarks.

It gets even wilder when you realize there’s a matching necklace—which might be even more tempting than the bracelet (I really can’t decide).

Inlay curb chain necklace in 14k yellow gold with opal and pavé diamonds, price on request

The curb link is more apparent here, which is what I love most about it—that and the fact that it’s completely glowing in luminescent green and blue.

With opal providing the color, you’d want to wear these pieces rather lightly—save laundry and housecleaning for other, less potentially delicate chains. But they’re absolutely suitable for everyday wear, both in style and substance.

While the necklace and braclet are bound to be, for me personally, more of a covetable dream than a reality, I look forward to getting ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... iche-opal/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Britt’s Pick: Jacquie Aiche’s Opal Inlay Curb Chain Bracelet

Post by SwordfishMining »

Lab opal can be as regular as enamel. You can get that in every shade of the rainbow also. Red, yellow, purple pink, black, white and every shade in between. It makes the picture stones of natural opals worth more to stand out.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"