Graduate Your Hoop Earrings Because the ’90s Are Back

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

In my world things like graduated hoops never went out of style, and when I wear my favorite black and white diamond in-and-out hoops I wear 2 different sizes, in 2 slightly different styles, and in the third piercing I'll use either a white or black diamond stud, so I'm all for these and my favorites here are the Essentials medium scattered hoops followed by the other gold and diamond hoops, the large fluted crescent huggies. See what you think of these, and pull out your graduated hoops and give them new life because they're back in style again. :)

By Brittany Siminitz | May 22, 2024

"In conversation with members of the industry last week about current jewelry trends, Margo Siegel (of Margo Siegel PR) hit me with the most nostalgic image: “I like the same earring in multiple holes in different sizes.”

Immediately I was transported to my tween/early teen years. There I was, standing inside of Claire’s, shopping basket in hand, picking out an array of earrings I couldn’t wait to wear to school. You might remember just the ones—they would do a three-pack, with a small, medium, and large hoop (or other earring style), already pre-styled and ready to go. The retail clerk, who always seemed way too eager with her piercing gun and not too qualified to do so, would take the look a bit further, graduating rows of hoops five or more up the ear.

A model’s ear is styled from top to bottom in earrings from Robinson Pelham

I’m delighted to embrace this trend once again—ecstatic, even. This is a winning look for all ages and styles, because it can take on so many different aesthetics. Hoop earrings, studs, drops, you name it—if it comes in different sizes, it can be worn in a graduated fashion on the ear. And if the wearer opts to mix and match, any of the sizes can be worn with other styles (or without).

Honey hoop earrings in 18k yellow gold, $1,400 (small); $3,950 (medium); $5,650 (large); Melissa Kaye

Dome hoop earrings in 14k yellow gold, $550–$750; EF Collection

“For those with multiple piercings, I love the look of doubling up the same style earrings side by side—specifically huggies,” says Emily Faith Goldstein of EF Jewelry. “Whether you opt for delicate diamonds or plain gold, you can create an entirely different look with your classic pair of earrings. Best part, we sell nearly all of our huggies individually so you can grab a third earring (same style or different) for a mix-and-match situation on the other side.”

The Ova stud earrings are worn in varied sizes along the ear, in 14k yellow gold, $830–$1,400; Anavir Studio

Note that all of the earrings pictured here are available in varying sizes, and not all sizes are shown.

Essentials medium scattered hoop earrings in 14k yellow gold with 1.11 cts. t.w. diamonds, $4,600; Emily Kuvin

Posey earrings in 18k white gold with diamonds, $7,475 (small); $12,190 (medium); $26,500 (large); Briony Raymond

Large fluted crescent huggies in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $5,700; Lizzie Mandler

Rope hoop earrings in 14k yellow gold, $ ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -earrings/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)