10 On-Theme Looks from the 2024 Met Gala

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I thought y'all might get a kick out of seeing some of the photos from the clown show at the Met Gala, but I can only copy the first three photos for you so I'm cutting the article off there and you'll need to use the link to see them all. Cardi B has a fairly extensive slideshow under her pic, and I'm intrigued by Demi Moore's outfit and think it may be the classiest one of those shown in the article. Here's National Jeweler's rundown on the stars. ;)

This year’s Met Gala theme was “The Garden of Time,” celebrating the Costume Institute’s new exhibition titled “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion.” From left to right are three 2024 Met Gala attendees, Cynthia Erivo in Roberto Coin, Zendaya in Bulgari, and Formula One race car driver Lewis Hamilton in Briony Raymond.

"Every year stars adorn themselves with diamonds and elaborate outfits to walk the red carpet at the Met Gala in New York, but not everyone manages to stay on theme.

The annual event is a fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute, marking the opening of its spring exhibition. This year, it is “Sleeping Beauties: Reawakening Fashion.”

Longtime Vogue Editor-in-Chief Anna Wintour, the chair of the gala, named the coordinating theme “The Garden of Time,” finding inspiration in the J.G. Ballard short story of the same name.

While floral patterns were prevalent on the red carpet Monday night, when it came to jewelry, emeralds, platinum, and bird motifs were everywhere.

Here are 10 on-theme looks from the 2024 Met Gala, in no particular order.

Zendaya’s First Look

The “Challengers” actress and Bulgari ambassador embraced the garden theme, pairing her outfit with high jewelry from the brand.

Zendaya wore earrings with two oval-shaped emeralds and pear-shaped diamonds set in pink gold and a pair of cushion-cut emerald studs set in yellow gold.

On her hand, she wore a ring featuring a 9.29-carat cabochon-cut emerald surrounded by 24 buff-top emeralds and pavé diamonds.

Zendaya Closing Out the Show

As one of the co-chairs of the event, it only makes sense that Zendaya had more than one outfit. Her second look embodied the darkness of sleeping beauties.

She wore it with a pair of Bulgari earrings set with two pear-shaped diamonds and a ring with an emerald-shaped diamond set in platinum.

Cardi B ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... 4-met-gala
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)