Britt’s Pick: Alice Pierre’s Parallel Drop Earrings

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I have one comment that will let you know how I feel about these. Doorknockers for the ears anyone? :lol:

By Brittany Siminitz | May 07, 2024

?Despite talk of a rise in demand for sterling silver—and the record-shattering price of gold—I find myself leaning harder into substantial, weighty yellow gold, even if just for the jewels I covet.

One piece of jewelry on my current (however improbable) wish list: a fantastically chunky gold chain, 16 or 18 inches in length, wearable alone or adorned with charms.

The other item: a pair of notable earrings—ones that turn heads without being over-the-top, as at home at the grocery store as they’d be in say, Las Vegas (which for many of us is top of mind).

I found such a pair of earrings in the Parallel collection by Alice Pierre, the Los Angeles–based brand from founder and designer Alice Basteguian and her brother Pierre. “I believe the Parallel collection is the perfect representation of how vintage meets modern,” says Alice. “Our tagline is ‘Fine Jewelry With a Vintage Soul.'” This pair is indeed imbued with that heirloom feel, like they could have been—or will be—passed down in meaningful, thoughtful ways.

“The earrings were inspired by a bracelet my grandfather made for me in 2009 when I had my son,” Alice tells JCK. “The bracelet features a bold design with colorful gemstones, serving as the inspiration for the collection’s form and function. To align with the framework of our brand, I enhanced the earrings’ structure to be more geometric and added a signature texture.”

In solid 14k gold, the earrings are large enough to be noticed but not so large as to ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... -parallel/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)