Simone I. Smith Mixes Denim and Diamonds in New Collection

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I've been mixing denim with diamonds and other precious gemstones all my life, and so have most other women I venture to say, so their concept is fine although nothing new; but I'm afraid their 'doorknocker' earrings are way over the top for me. My mom used to call my drop earrings chandelier pulls; I can just imagine what she'd have to say about these. I also think it's pretty funny that they're hawking denim and diamonds, but I don't see any denim on them in the lead pic. :lol:

There's a two-shot slideshow of each pair of earrings in the lead photo being worn, so use the link to see the one behind the second photo below if these interest you at all. ;)

Simone I. Smith, along with fashion designer and stylist Misa Hylton, have launched a new jewelry collection titled “Denim and Diamonds.”

"Los Angeles—Simone I. Smith Jewelry has teamed up with fashion designer and stylist Misa Hylton on a collaborative jewelry offering, “SIS x MISA Denim and Diamonds.”

The partnership merges Smith's signature craftsmanship with Hylton's innovative designs, the brand said.

Smith, a 19-year cancer survivor, was diagnosed with stage III chondrosarcoma, a rare bone cancer.

Her journey inspired her to launch the eponymous brand in 2011.

In 2018, she partnered with award-winning artist Mary J. Blige on “Sister Love,” a jewelry line inspired by their friendship and shared love of statement pieces. She also worked with advocacy nonprofit Color of Change on the “Black Love” collection.

Hylton, her latest collaborative partner, is known for styling well-known names in hip-hop, such as Mary J. Blige, Lil’ Kim, and Missy Elliott, and she’s often referenced as an early leader of the “ghetto fabulous” aesthetic.

“Creating with my big sis Simone for the ‘Denim and Diamonds’ collection was an effortless and organic process. Our love for celebrating fashion and style rooted in the hip hop style aesthetic will be felt in every piece of this capsule collection,” said Hylton.

Their collection applies themes of sophistication, glamour, and a touch of urban flair, the designers said, with each piece a testament to the individual creativity and artistry of the two brands.

“Denim and Diamonds” was designed as a refreshing take on contemporary jewelry, blending the “rugged charm” of denim with diamonds, fusing style and substance.

“Misa and I have been friends for over 20 years and we both love all things fashion. We’ve been talking about doing a collaboration for many years now, but timing is everything and the time is now,” said Smith.

“When Thee Fashion Icon Misa Hylton and Thee Queen of Hoops Simone I. Smith collaborate, you get collectible must-have statement pieces. Welcome to the world of fly girl luxury and sophistication.”

The collection arrives on the heels of hip-hop’s 50th anniversary.

In November, Smith was honored at The Black in Jewelry Coalition (BIJC)’s inaugural “Rock the Jewels” event.

At the celebration, created to recognize how the music genre has influenced the gem and jewelry industry, Smith took home the first BIJC “Rock the Jewels Award.”

She was chosen for her “contributions to the jewelry industry, her outstanding resilience, philanthropic endeavors, and her unwavering support of the Black community,” said BIJC.

Though the genre’s milestone was recognized officially last year, celebrations of its influence on culture are ongoing.

A special installation, “Ice Cold: An Exhibition of Hip-Hop Jewelry,” will open May 9 at New York City’s ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... collection
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)