Audemars Piguet and John Mayer Partner on Limited Edition Watch

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This collaboration produced a lovely watch, from what we can see of it, which amazingly enough was posted on "X"! I can't copy things on Instagram or FB, so this really surprised me and I thank them for providing the image, and I was able to copy part of the text. You'll want to use the link to read the rest of it and access the link to their website, where if you're interested in obtaining one of these limited edition watches you can inquire about the price. ;)

Audemars Piguet has announced a new timepiece in collaboration with award-winning artist and known watch enthusiast, John Mayer. (Courtesy of Getty Images)

"Los Angeles—Audemars Piguet and John Mayer have collaborated on a limited-edition timepiece.

The Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar “John Mayer” is named after the seven-time Grammy award-winning artist, who is also a passionate watch collector of over a decade.

Featuring a deep blue dial depicting a crystal sky, the watch is set in 18-carat white gold and limited to 200 pieces.

The timepiece combines the aesthetic of the Royal Oak with the astronomical roots of the perpetual calendar, Audemars said.

It features a Quantieme Perpetuel (QP) complication, which the brand is known for, displaying the time, day, date, month, week, astronomical moon, and leap year.

As a long-time watch lover, today is a very special moment in my life. I’ve teamed up with @AudemarsPiguet to create a limited edition Perpetual Calendar Royal Oak, an iconic watch that I - like other collectors - hold in the highest esteem. This version features some unique… Show more

The watch is also a sendoff for the brand’s self-winding perpetual calendar, Calibre 5134.

The Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar “John Mayer” will be the last limited edition to ever be equipped with the mechanism—based on the now-discontinued Calibre 2120—that was unveiled in 2015 with the first Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar in 41 mm.

Mayer, who was appointed the brand’s “Creative Conduit” last month, celebrated the launch at an Audemars event, which was held at a private residence known as The Sky View Estate in Los Angeles last week.

His notable guests, Dominique Crenn, Maria Bello Finneas, Zedd, and Chris Stapleton, as well as other Los Angeles-based friends of the brand across the music, entertainment, and fashion industries attended the event.

Chris Stapleton, John Mayer and Zedd at the Audemars Piguet celebratory evening (courtesy of Getty Images)

Astronomer Sandy Eulitt, founder of astronomy education company Stellar Experiences, took guests on an “immersive journey” through the elements of the timepiece.

As attendees viewed the night sky through telescopes, Eulitt pointed out parallels between visible constellations and the moon phase, showing how it’s connected to the movement and the dial of the new watch.

Musician, producer, actor, and writer Questlove curated the music for the evening alongside DJ Novena Carmel, producing “a spirited yet intimate” environment.

Decorations, as well as culinary offerings, were detailed with elements from The Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar “John Mayer” and its midnight-toned, constellation-glittered dial.

The watch is listed now on ... "

https://nationaljeweler.com/articles/12 ... tion-watch
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)