5 Kentucky Derby Jewels That Deliver Front-Running Fashion

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Aside from the Halcyon Days Racing Silk bangle which I don't care for, the other pieces are all lovely and the items in the lead pic that I thought were earrings turned out to be cuff links. I think I like the horse pinky ring best so check these out and see what pieces appeal to you. :)

By Annie Davidson Watson | April 22, 2024

"You can’t talk about the Kentucky Derby without mentioning the hats and other fashions seen every year at the “Run for the Roses.” Attendees of the iconic horse race sport outfits blending Southern charm with contemporary trends—and turned up a notch.

Women’s headwear at the Derby ranges from broad-brimmed hats adorned with flowers and feathers to elaborate fascinators with a whimsical touch. These statement headpieces set the tone for the rest of their ensemble, be it a vibrant, bold-patterned dress or classic pastels. Men, too, embrace dapper Derby dressing: Boater hats, seersucker suits, bright bow ties, and colorful blazers are abundant, exuding a celebratory yet sophisticated sartorial sense.

Jewelry plays a crucial role in completing any look for the race—and the five pieces featured here add a hint of sparkle to their Derby theme. Marking its 150th anniversary this year, the Kentucky Derby is an event where style meets tradition. We’re betting on these jewels to make the May 4 race the most spectacular yet.

Victorian Horse Racing pendant (circa 1880s) in 14k gold with an orange carnelian on its flip side, $895; A. Brandt + Son

Halcyon Days Racing Silk bangle in 18k gold plate and enamel, $350; Scully & Scully

Petrvs Horse Pinky Ring in sterling silver and 18k yellow gold, $695; David Yurman

David Webb Horse and Rider cuff links (alsp pictured at top) in 18k yellow gold, $7,800; Over the Moon

Tiffany & Co. rose brooch (circa 1950s) in ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... by-jewels/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)