Celebrate National Pet Day With Paw-Themed Jewelry Collections

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

These are very cute, and they're in gold with gemstones so these are fine jewelry pieces and to me they're meant to be kept and passed on. I have a gold charm with a Maltese on it that I had inscribed with my dog Sasha's name and birth date on the back that dates from the 70's and still brings back fond memories of him. Check out these lovely pieces done in gold, diamonds and birthstones. 8-)

By Karen Dybis | April 11, 2024

"National Pet Day serves as a reminder to give the animals in your life extra care and attention—and some jewelry designers who are pet owners have created special pieces to honor pets not just on the April 11 “holiday” but every day.

Paw charms from Haverhill, Maya Brenner, and Gorjana are among the many examples of pet-themed jewelry that not only make clients happy but may also support charities doing good deeds for our animal companions.

The Laguna Beach, Calif.–based brand Gorjana recently expanded its collaboration with top-ranked tennis player Jessica Pegula with a line of paw print jewelry to benefit A Lending Paw, an organization Pegula founded that supports the rescue, training, and delivery of service animals to individuals in need.

From April 1 through Dec. 31, 2024, Gorjana will donate 50% of sales from its new paw collection—which includes the Diamond Paw Necklace ($325), gold Double Paw Necklace ($65), and Paw Heart Bracelet ($45)—to A Lending Paw.

Gorjana has just debuted two necklace styles and a cord bracelet with a paw design on their pendants. (Photo courtesy of Gorjana)

“The Paw collection illustrates Jessica’s passion for philanthropy for both people and animals, and we are grateful to work with such an incredible role model who shares our love for giving back,” Gorjana Reidel, cofounder and chief creative officer at Gorjana, said in a statement.

Haverhill cofounder and designer Haverhill Leach says her company’s latest pieces, a necklace ($450) and bracelet ($330) with both gold paw print and birthstone charms, pay tribute to the unconditional love and joy that pets bring. They are available in white or yellow gold and can be personalized with birthstones, a signature of the Rhode Island–based brand.

“We know that pets are often cherished family members and play an important role in so many people’s lives,” Leach tells JCK. “I wanted to ensure that those special relationships could also be represented in our jewelry, so I designed our elegant paw charm as the perfect way to honor our furry friends.”

Pet-friendly Haverhill combines a birthstone with a paw memento on a necklace and bracelet. (Photo courtesy of Haverhill)

Maya Brenner, an L.A. brand best known for personalized initial jewelry, offers its signature “asymmetrical” charm necklace with a golden dog’s paw. Brenner says her clients often create custom necklaces using initials, birthstones, and other meaningful charms to tell stories about their lives and highlight special moments with loved ones—including their pet children. One customer, Carmelita, designed a necklace about her two Pomeranians, using an onyx charm for the black dog and an opal to represent the white pup, and she wears it with a necklace holding the initials of her husband and daughter.

Below is Maya Brenner’s paw jewelry, plus some additional animal-themed pieces to celebrate National Pet Day or any doggone day.

Maya Brenner’s asymmetrical paw charm necklace (from $265) is available in 14k yellow, rose, or white gold on a cable or bead chain. (Photo courtesy of Maya Brenner)

Allurez uses 21 diamonds on its dachshund pendant ($818), one of the brand’s diamond-studded charms depicting animals, including a terrier, cat, elephant, and owl. There’s also a dog bone! (Photo courtesy of Allurez)

Not all pets have four legs. Jane Win created this 10k gold snake pendant ($448) with a pink tourmaline as part of her Protect collection. (Photo courtesy of Jane Win)

Somebody with a pet frog might love this malachite frog ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... llections/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Celebrate National Pet Day With Paw-Themed Jewelry Collections

Post by SwordfishMining »

P1060654a.jpg
Animals are always a popular theme. They invoke the feelings.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"