Catch a Wave With These Groovy, Summer-Ready Jewels

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I think we can all feel a sense of peace from a curve versus the strict sharpness of a perfectly straight line, so wavy jewels can be lovely if done right, but when the waves are too close together it can look more like a cardiogram readout than curvy, as you'll see in Akaila Reid's wavy collar necklace. :lol:

Most of them are lovely, and the medallion with the pink opal and pink sapphires is the best of the lot for me, and maybe you too if you're reading this here, but the bracelet in the 4th pic doesn't meet my criteria for curvy or wavy; it's more like choppy and a tantrum than peace and serenity inducing, but that's the only one like that.

The Horizon bangle by Tryyst is lovely, but with that design they missed an opportunity to turn it into a serpent head or something similar to give the shape of it something familiar viewers recognize since otherwise it's just a smear of diamonds. The Euphoria hoops with rubies are my second favorite, and the Vague surf ring is truly vague, indeed. :lol:

And in the last pair if I were the designer I would have put the half moon shape diamonds in all the waves and not just the top and bottom, so check these out and see what appeals to you or what changes you would make to these if you were the designer. Enjoy! 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | April 10, 2024

"I was so inspired by Jennifer DeMoro’s wavy hoop earrings that I included in a roundup of yellow and diamond jewelry last week, as well as another of the designer’s wavy pieces (the pink-stone pendant below), that I can think of nothing else but wavy jewelry at this point.

Though some might see a wavy jewel’s ups and downs as a bit of a bumpy ride—compared with the ease of a smooth line—I am calmed by the presence of these waves. Even when an ocean is at its fiercest, the sound of the waves is grounding, a connection to nature and the earth.

Thankfully, there are plenty of wavy jewels to be found for those drawn to them, and they are—if you’ll pardon the almost obvious term—groovy. So reminiscent of a carefree cool are they, I don’t even want to attempt a better description. These are the styles—in hoops, bangles, necklaces, and rings—to embrace as the summer season approaches.

Wavy earrings in 14k yellow gold with 0.5 ct. t.w. emeralds and 0.37 ct. t.w. pavé diamonds, $2,800; La Muse Gems

Anniversary Wave necklace in 18k yellow gold with 0.65 ct. t.w. emeralds and 0.66 ct. t.w. diamonds, $15,750; Jemma Wynne

My Ray bracelet in 18k yellow gold with 1.7 cts. t.w. diamonds, $17,400; Fie Isolde

Wide Lace band in 14k yellow gold with 0.28 ct. t.w. blue sapphire, tsavorite, and amethysts, $3,050; Mined + Found

Medium wavy hoop earrings in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, $2,380; Sydney Evan

Wave 2.0 choker necklace in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $6,513; Ailes

Horizon bangle in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $8,387; Tryyst

Grande Trace ring in 18k yellow gold with pavé diamonds, $6,800; Katkim

Euphoria hoops in 18k yellow gold with 1,89 cts. t.w. rubies, $5,367; Rareté Studios

So Wavy Wavy pendant in 18k yellow gold with 0.23 ct. pink opal and 0.295 ct. t.w. pink sapphires, $5,640; Jennifer DeMoro

Wave bracelet in 14k yellow gold with 0.94 ct. t.w. diamonds, $7,920; Mateo

Vague Surf ring in 18k yellow gold with 0.33 ct. t.w. diamonds, €1,650 ($1,800); Yvonne Léon

Ear climber in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, $595; Bondeye Jewelry

Wavy collar necklace in 18k yellow gold, $15,000; Akaila Reid

Dizzy Disco bangle in 18k white gold with enamel and diamonds, $2,900; Caye Joaillier

Ric Rac wide ring in 18k yellow gold, $2,725; Aurelia Demark

Aerial Dyrne earrings in 18k yellow gold with 1.45 cts. t.w. black and white diamonds, $9,200; JV Insardi

Multicolored wave bracelet in 18k yellow gold with colored gemstones and 0.11 ct. t.w. diamonds, €4,900 ($5,320); Ashaha

Sené ring in 14k yellow gold, $3,800; White Space

Edessa earrings in 18k yellow gold with ... "

\
https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... vy-jewels/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)
SwordfishMining

Re: Catch a Wave With These Groovy, Summer-Ready Jewels

Post by SwordfishMining »

I'm pretty sure they could care less about my opinion since Im not buying any LOL. I do look at them and picture my gemstones in the designs, but i never get around to more than prospecting for the person that actually has money to open a major Black Opal Mine. It costs nothing to call and talk and I have saved many families for falling for false propaganda from the plagiarizer. Original design, or the original discoverer, should reap the benefits. Not the knock offs criminals put out the next years. Publishing is as good as a patent.
I'll jump over my shadow. https://www.virginvalleyopal.com"
Opals & more at my ESTY store https://swordfishmining.etsy.com"