JCK Jewelry Agenda: Week of April 7

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

First up is JCK's Jewelry Agenda for this week, and even though yellow is not my favorite color, I'm loving the pendant in the lead pic, and Rolex's jigsaw puzzle watch is below and I still think it's great since I'm a jigsaw puzzle enthusiast, but there's an Audemars Piguet watch in the last shot that we've never seen before and I think it's just adorable. Here's this week's agenda at JCK. :)

By Victoria Gomelsky | April 04, 2024

"For watch lovers, Christmas arrives early this year. The industry is gathering in Geneva to witness the unveiling of scores of new watches. Between the major brand debuts taking place at Geneva’s Watches and Wonders event and all the satellite showings around town, it’s a big week for timekeeping.

LISTEN

Plumb Club Podcasts (ongoing)

PC April podcastsThe Plumb Club’s April podcasts are out. In “Securing the Sale: Is Gold-Filled Jewelry Right for You?” Kye Ehrlich of the Marathon Company discusses how this type of jewelry is made, the benefits for retailers who carry it, and how to care for such pieces. And on “Inflation Survival Guide,” Michael West, director of sales at Rosy Blue NY, takes listeners through the forces and dynamics of inflation and rising interest rates and provides helpful strategies to adapt and thrive in a competitive market.

ATTEND

Watches and Wonders Geneva: opens April 9 (in person)

The Rolex Day-Date emoji puzzle watch was one of the most buzzed-about timepieces at 2023’s Watches and Wonders.

Watches and Wonders Geneva, the luxury watch industry’s biggest event of the year, opens at the Palexpo convention center on Tuesday and runs through the following Monday, April 15 (the show opens to the public April 13–15). Among the expo’s 54 participating brands, which ones will make a splash? Will Rolex introduce a new GMT-Master II? Will a new-shaped Cartier model be the talk of the fair? Follow along as Victoria Gomelsky, our editor-in-chief, shares live updates on Instagram.

BID

Bonhams’ “One Hundred Years of Haute Couture” Sale: April 9 (in person and online)

Marc Bohan for Christian Dior cross brooch and long necklace with brooch pendant, estimate €400–€600 ($432–$648)

Bonhams Paris is holding a two-part sale dedicated to “1910–2010 One Hundred Years of Haute Couture”: a live auction of 280 lots on April 9 and an online auction of 250 lots from April 5 to April 15. Among the highlights are costume jewelry designs from Elsa Schiaparelli, as well as Yves Saint Laurent, Marc Bohan, and Gianfranco Ferré when they were Christian Dior’s artistic director.

Sotheby’s Geneva Rare Watches Auction: April 11, 6 p.m. Switzerland time (in person)

Audemars Piguet car-shape wristwatch with white gold, diamonds, and emeralds, circa 1995, estimate 40,000–80,000 Swiss francs ($44,339–$66,509)

Sotheby’s is staging an underground auction, literally and figuratively. ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... k-april-7/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)