Diamonds and Gold: A Pairing for the Ages (and April)

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's a good one for our April babies since diamond is April's main birthstone, and there are some fabulous pieces in this, and quite a few of them so you'll surely find more than one item you love. I have to wonder how the flexible flower ring is flexible, and I also wonder where the 'toi' is in the 'toi et moi' bracelet since I only see one gemstone, and notice the difference in the color of the gold in the heart wraparound ring which is in 20kt gold versus the color of the gold in the earrings below it at only 14kt gold; big difference. I like the design of the eyelet cuff bracelet, and for some reason the Shibuya stud earring with the gold balls and diamonds really appeal to me, and the third piece I like is the Veritage signature bracelet so check these out and see which ones appeal to you. 8-)

By Brittany Siminitz | April 03, 2024

"Despite the rise in popularity of white metals, yellow gold is still holding strong, particularly in fashion jewelry.

Many will argue the benefits of white metal for a diamond—the way platinum, for instance, sets off the stone’s sparkle, melding with it in ways that make it brighter, appearing larger and ever more glittery. And they’re right, of course—it makes sense that cool-color metals would truly set a diamond’s fire aflame. They also might argue that yellow gold could bring out any yellowish tones in a diamond (especially a lower color-graded one), and again they’d be right.

Yet here we are: We still love our diamonds in yellow gold. For earrings, pendants, stackable rings, tennis bracelets, and necklaces, yellow gold has achieved an “it” status that keeps designers using it and consumers wearing it. Its warmth is comfortable, a contrast with the gemstones that really pops.

We won’t analyze what yellow gold gives to (or takes away from) a diamond, since most of the jewels below consist of more than one focal stone. You just can’t argue with the appeal of diamonds in yellow gold—for anyone, though they’re perfect for April birthdays in particular.

So Wavy hoop earrings in 18k yellow gold with 0.41 ct. t.w. champagne diamonds, $2,300; Jennifer DeMoro

Circe choker necklace in 18k yellow gold with 1.4 cts. t.w. diamonds, €22,280 ($23,990); Lito

Lenox 15-row tennis bracelet in 18k yellow gold with 38.87 cts. t.w. diamonds, $159,950; Melissa Kaye

Heart wrap ring in 20k yellow gold with diamonds, price on request; Buddha Mama

Alfa double earrings in 14k yellow gold with 4.5 cts. t.w. diamonds, $46,565; Fie Isolde

Tennessee Torque necklace in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $39,800; Jade Ruzzo

Eyelet cuff bracelet in 18k yellow gold with brilliant-cut diamonds, $13,345; Aurelia Demark

Sole ring in 18k yellow gold with diamonds, $1,525; Bagliore

Spiralize earrings in 14k yellow gold with 0.57 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,923; Nijma M Fine Jewelry

Graduated bezel necklace in yellow gold with diamonds, $73,000; Sydney Evan

Connexion toi et moi bracelet in yellow gold with 2.98 ct. canary diamond, $38,650; Jemma Wynne

Clique ring in yellow gold with 1.16 cts. t.w. diamonds, $7,700; Viltier

Shibuya stud earrings in 18k yellow gold with 0.35 ct. t.w. diamonds, $2,669; Noora Shawqi

Initial on oval chain in 14k yellow gold with diamonds, $1,400; Ali Weiss Jewelry

Veritage signature bracelet in 18k yellow gold with 2.7 cts. t.w. diamonds, $14,750; Verragio

Flexible flower ring in 18k yellow gold with 1.3 cts. t.w. diamonds, $12,000; Guita M

Sparkler earrings in 14k yellow gold with 1.6 cts. t.w. diamonds, $6,900; Eden Presley

Vine necklace in 18k yellow gold with 0.37 ct. t.w. diamonds, $5,940; Laurie Kaiser

Cosmo ear cuff in 18k yellow gold with 1.92 cts. t.w. diamonds, $7,875; Anita Ko
\

Serif eternity necklace in ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... old-april/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)