Three Sisters Jewelry Founder Zoe Mohler on Her Brand’s Cool SoCal Style

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

I dunno, they're nice enough but maybe it's because I grew up on the New York side of the country and not the left coast that makes me find these unimpressive at best, except for the padparadscha bead necklace because I don't recall ever seeing one before. See what you think of them. ;)

y Victoria Gomelsky | April 03, 2024

"Growing up in Southern California in the midst of the punk beach scene, Zoe Mohler could be found “roller skating on sun-drenched boardwalks by day and hitting L.A.’s dimly lit basement clubs at night,” according to the website of Three Sisters Jewelry, the fine fashion jewelry line Mohler founded in 2007 and named for her three daughters (now 23, 20, and 17 years old).

“Sundays were spent scouring flea markets for vintage Coptic crosses and charm bracelets,” says the site. “These early inspirations influenced Zoe’s eye for the dichotomies in landscape and culture. Her jewelry aesthetic is defined by a tension between high and low, urban and organic, new and old.”

Talisman necklace in 14k gold with, clockwise from right, Memento Mori skull charm with Montana sapphires ($475), Minuet Personalized Coin with black diamonds ($695), Petite Figa charm with jeweled birthstone cuff ($495), and Tasman Personalized Relic charm ($445) on Ibex charm lock ($445)

Mohler, who is based in the coastal city of Encinitas, sells the collection primarily online, through her own site and Anthropologie’s (“Our jewelry aligns perfectly with their boho-chic aesthetic,” she says). Offering a wide selection of vintage and engravable charms and long beaded necklaces, the brand makes “personalized jewelry that steps away from traditional name necklaces,” Mohler tells JCK. “Our designs are an eclectic mix of vintage influences and the free-spirited and organic feel of Southern California.”

Three Sisters jewelry is made in San Diego from precious and semiprecious gemstones, silver, 14k gold—and 10k gold, to offer a more accessible price point for gold lovers. “Building trust is really important to us,” Mohler says.

Kit Kat Club diamond fringe charm in silver with lab-grown diamonds, $395

Below, Mohler answers JCK’s mini questionnaire.

What kind of jewelry are you most known for?

Three Sisters is known for unique, personalized jewelry that exudes effortless elegance. We believe that the jewelry we wear tells our stories and is meaningfully passed through generations. Some of my most treasured pieces are those from my mom and great-aunt, both of whom were heavily influenced by their youth in Los Angeles. Our jewelry can be engraved and customized with stones, making the piece more personal to the wearer.

Padparadscha sapphire strand in 14k yellow gold, $945

What has been trending among your clients this year?

We’re finding that jewel-toned gemstone charms dominate our sales. Their striking colors resonate with strong, independent women. Yellow gold remains our No. 1 in metal tones. We always sell quite a bit of silver because it’s a great entry point for our customers to try our pieces and get a feel for our quality and aesthetic. It’s important for us to appeal to all women.

Has anything about the fashion jewelry business surprised you this year?

I feel like a lot of people will say this, but despite gold’s crazy pricing it continues to be in demand. We’re finding that customers are drawn to ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ocal-style
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)