Swag Style: The Festoon Necklace Enters the Chat

Direct your non-opal, gemstone chatter here!

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Here's another one from The Zing Report, and I admit I didn't know these styles were called festoon necklaces even though I've seen and been posting them for years, and I can't say they appeal to me, except for maybe the diamond ones in the lead pic which I could never afford so I don't see any of them in my future. :lol:

Emili Vesilind
June 22, 2023

"A festoon is any type of necklace that includes multiple metal extensions or drapes or swags of beads or gemstones as a central part of its design. And “festoon” is the term I was searching for as I ran into several iterations on a single necklace style—a chain dripping with extensions tipped in gems that many vendors referred to as fringe necklaces—during Las Vegas Jewelry Week earlier this month.

Scads of designers and jewelry brands, including Jenna Blake, Stuller, Neon Gems, and Emily P. Wheeler, have embraced the festoon, which is more synonymous with swag-heavy Victorian necklaces, but also pertains to more minimal looks such as the ones below. Ideal for layering, the style is also striking when worn solo.

Here are some of my favorite new festoons, many of which I saw (and happily pawed) in person at the JCK Las Vegas and the Couture Show earlier this month.

Mateo 14k gold 5 Dot Turquoise and Diamond Necklace, $750

Jacquie Aiche 14k rose gold Diamond Marquise Shaker necklace, $16,250

Zoe Chicco 14k Graduated Prong Diamonds Medium Curb Chain Necklace, $4,650

Emily P. Wheeler 18k gold Tubular Necklace with 9.58 ct. pink sapphire, $24,000

Neon Gems ... "

https://thezingreport.com/2023/06/swag- ... e=hs_email
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)