Meet Savannah Friedkin, a Jeweler Who Wants to Spark Conversation

Man-made stones

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Ouch! The jagged edges of her 'broken' bracelets could seriously injure the wearer if the bracelet gets enough pressure put on it to deform, and I object to her cooing about her LGDs being "climate-neutral" when we know they are anything but neutral. I have to wonder about this one. :roll:

By Annie Davidson Watson | March 26, 2024

"Savannah Friedkin wants to talk. In the namesake jewelry line she’s debuting this week, she utilizes design elements to represent the challenges and experiences that shape a person and can, ultimately, make her stronger and even more beautiful. Friedkin believes her jewels, like the women who wear them, are perfect because of their flaws, not despite them.

“In seeking to start my own brand, I wanted to create collections that celebrate women and their unique journeys, highlighting the aspects of our lives—both the highs and the lows—that make us distinct individuals,” she says.

Savannah Friedkin

With her production practices, Friedkin also is shedding light on sustainability and transparency. “By using only climate-neutral lab-grown diamonds and 100% post-consumer recycled 14k gold, we are minimizing the impact our brand has on the environment and hopefully contributing to the conversation around jewelry creation and consumption at the same time. We hope to spark a dialogue.”

Savannah Friedkin offers three collections—Broken, Emergence, and SAV—now available on the brand’s website. Prices range from $150 to $7,000.

“I have always loved the creativity behind fashion and fine jewelry. It is a topic that I am personally passionate about,” says Friedkin, a Texas-born, third-generation conservationist, based in Houston.

Savannah Friedkin’s Broken collection includes cuff bracelets (also pictured at top) in wide and narrow, with or without lab-grown diamonds.

The jewelry pieces in Broken look like they have cracks in them—the cuff bracelet and collar necklace, for example, are not closed circles—to symbolize personal imperfections and resilience. Emergence takes this concept of brokenness and encourages strength and growth in overcoming it (“find strength in weakness,” the website says). SAV offers delicate designs celebrating the charm of ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... kin-debut/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)