Britt’s Pick: Aurelia Demark’s Bunny Pendant

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

This is a lovely rendition of a bunny rabbit, and I have to wonder about the actual size of it after seeing the price of it without the chain. :!:

By Brittany Siminitz | March 26, 2024

"It’s nearly Easter weekend, and even if you don’t celebrate, you probably have not escaped bunny sightings recently.

For those interested in the Easter Bunny’s backstory, there’s a whole write-up on Wikipedia. The highlights: Of German origin, the egg-toting, basket-gifting, human-size hare has a job similar to Santa Claus, deciding whether children have been good enough to receive colored eggs, candy, and toys.

While the Easter Bunny is a popular figure for only a short time each year, the rabbit as an icon possesses wide-ranging meaning year-round. Depending on the culture or source of folklore, the rabbit represents everything from intelligence and resourcefulness to luck and fertility.

This particular rabbit pictured above, by New York City–based jewelry designer Aurelia Demark, makes an ideal addition to a charm bracelet in its small or medium size, or in the large size would look gorgeous as a statement pendant layered with other necklaces. The golden bunny is dotted with a sparkling diamond eye (also available with a sweet blue sapphire).

“Our bunny pendant is from our launch collection, Les Joujoux, which is a continuation of my family’s tradition of designing sweet animal pendants to celebrate the birth of a child,” Denmark tells JCK. “My oldest daughter loves bunnies and won’t sleep without hers, so this bunny design will always remind me of her—I wear it on a bracelet to keep her close.

“Everyone can relate to animals, and when worn as a jewelry piece, there’s tremendous sentimental value if there’s a story behind it,” Denmark adds.

A sign of spring, this gentle creature might get a lot of play this holiday weekend, but ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... ark-bunny/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)