Emily Ratajkowski Just Introduced New Jewelry Category: Divorce Rings

Trade news

Moderators: PinkDiamond, John

PinkDiamond

Post by PinkDiamond »

Well hell, I made my engagement ring from my daughter's father into a ring I designed myself to transform it so it wouldn't remind me of the original ring, so they should have done the story on me and how I transitioned the ring back in the 70's since this is nothing new, and I may yet add a marquis diamond that was in another engagement ring to the other side of the elongated design which I showed y'all a week or so ago. Not only is this not something new, but Annie only procured a pic of the ring in its original form and doesn't show us how she transformed them. Duh! :?

By Annie Davidson Watson | March 25, 2024

"We have engagement rings, push presents, anniversary jewels—but how about something special for more turbulent times, when we, arguably, need it the most? Model Emily Ratajkowski, for one, has made something beautiful out of a painful experience, and may have invented a new category of jewels in doing so.

We’re classifying them as “divorce rings”—two separate rings Ratajkowski created out of the engagement ring she received in 2018 from her now ex-husband Sebastian Bear-McClard.

Ratajowkski’s engagement ring featured a toi et moi design with pear-shape and princess-cut diamonds totaling approximately 5 cts. To redesign it into two rings, Ratajkowski enlisted her friend Alison Chemla, the creative director of jewelry brand Alison Lou.

“We repurposed Emily’s original, iconic two stone engagement ring, that left a mark on the industry, and created these two beauties,” said the jeweler on Instagram, where she granted a behind-the-scenes glimpse of the process. “As inspiring as her engagement ring was, we cannot wait to see the evolution of Divorce Rings.”

The pear-shape stone was positioned diagonally in an oversize pinky ring. The princess diamond underwent a larger transformation and is now flanked by trapezoidal stones in a piece Ratajowkski wears on her ring finger.

Reportedly, Ratajkowski was inspired “The Unravelers,” a story by Stephanie Danler published in The Paris Review, in which a grandmother’s ring is adorned with stones from various marriages. According to Vogue, Ratajkowski sees this as a testament to the many lives a woman can live. For her and others rebuilding their lives after divorce, the conversion of an engagement ring into a divorce ring can symbolize ... "

https://www.jckonline.com/editorial-art ... rce-rings/
PinkDiamond
ISG Registered Gemologist

· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ There are miracles left for you to do .... -:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´* It all begins inside of you. ;)